Status: Active x

Tongue-Tied

Starry Eyed

I honestly had never been more nervous/excited for a date in all my life.

Harry would be coming by my flat any minute, and from there we'd be going out to dinner. I paced anxiously around my small living room, waiting for that fateful knock on my door.

Harry, Louis and I had spent a fair amount of time together in the week I'd lived there. They assembled the rest of my furniture and helped me unpack, while we joked around and got to know each other. Harry was always gracious and sweet, and I'd been looking forward to the date since he first asked the day I met him.

But on the other hand, I was nervous. I hadn't been on a date since high school, because I was always too busy with work and school. What if we started dating, and I was a terrible girlfriend? What if I made an idiot of myself, and then had to live with him just down the hall from me everyday? I fidgeted nervously, walking by a mirror he had put up for me and examining myself.

With that, I heard a knock.

Taking a deep breath, I walked to the door, bracing myself as I opened the door. He stood there, with a cute little smile and three white roses clenched in his fist. "For you," he explained, holding the flowers out for me.

"Thank you..." I said, my heart leaping in my chest. No one had given me flowers before. Ever. "I'll put them in some water, and then we can go."

He watched me curiously as I filled a cup with water and put the roses in them, making a make-shift vase. He smiled as I looked back over. "You look gorgeous."

"You're not half bad yourself, Styles." I laughed as I headed towards the door. He looked absolutely amazing, and effortlessly so. He wrote a navy blue blazer over top of a white v-neck, and black jeans. I'd spent a good half an hour searching through my closet for something not too fancy, but not too casual, and decided on a white dress that tiered from my hips to just above my knee. Unfortunately, I still didn't look half as good as him.

"I made us reservations, but I couldn't get into somewhere too fancy on short notice," Harry explained as we started heading down the hallway and towards the stairs. "I hope you'll like it, though."

"Harry, trust me. I've had guys take me out to McDonalds for dates. I'm sure it'll be fine." I said teasingly, and he laughed, looking me in the eyes briefly before we got to the bottom of the stairs. He opened the door to the parking lot, holding it as I walked out. I was immediately hit with the brisk London air, and I shivered.

"Are you cold?"

"Well-"

He didn't even let me finish. Before I even said a word, he was shedding his blazer, and wrapping it around my shoulders. "There. Looks better on you anyway."

"Harry, really, I'm fine." I said, though I hugged the fabric to my body as we walked through the parking area. It smelled like his cologne, a scent that was already familiar to me, and every intake of breath was like heaven.

He smiled at me, and I blushed. He totally knew I was ecstatic to have an article of his clothing even if it was just for a few minutes. I felt like a stupid little school girl with a crush, but I couldn't help it. Everything about Harry was so sweet.

"My car is right here." He said, gesturing at a black Range Rover. It was a gorgeous vehicle, but then again that was what I expected, him being in a famous boy band and all.

He walked over to the passengers side, opening the car door. "After you, m'lady."

"Such a gentleman," I said teasingly, as he flashed me a cheeky grin and got in on the drivers side. "What's next, you gonna kiss my hand?"

"Well, would you like me to?"

"I'd love that."

I didn't expect him to do it. In fact, I was half joking when I said I wanted him to, but nevertheless he took my hand in his, gently rubbing my wrist with his thumb, before bringing it up to his lips. He pressed a soft kiss to the back of my hand, never breaking eye contact with me the whole time. My breath hitched in my throat, and I swear I've never turned redder than in that moment.

He pulled away, turning the key in the ignition with a smirk on his face. That boy knew fully well what he was doing to me. Damn him.

The restaurant we were going to wasn't far, only ten minute drive or less. Harry once again opened all doors for me as I stepped inside.

The place was nice, not too fancy, but not too casual either. It was a bit on the small side, which I liked. It was homey, intimate. Our table was in the back, pressed into a corner, which I presumed was in case fans came in. We were hard to see, so it was perfect.

"This is gorgeous, Harry." I said as I smoothed the ruffles of my dress.

"Really? I was hoping you'd like it. I wasn't sure though..."

"I love it, really. This is amazing." I complimented, looking down at my menu. My stomach kept flipping nervously, so I decided on one of the fancy looking salads. It's not like I was scared to eat in front of Harry, not at all. We'd been mowing down pizza and cheese burgers the whole time he'd been helping me with my flat.

When I looked up, I saw Harry gazing at me, and looked in his eyes I couldn't place.

I looked away.

Image

I couldn't help staring at her, honestly. She was gorgeous in every sense of the word. I wanted to impress her so badly, I'd been doing everything in my power. I wasn't sure how exactly she was feeling about me, but I hoped that she had the slightest bit of interest.

The waiter came and took our orders, and I looked over at Penny. She was staring down at her lap.

"Everything alright, babe?" I asked, and her eyes shot up. She nodded, but let out a short sigh.

"Yeah, everything's perfect. It's just... I haven't done this in so long. I guess I'm nervous." She laughed, and shrugged her shoulders. I tried my best not to watch every move she made.

"Penny, what do you have to nervous about? It's just me."

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to calm her down. I saw her mutter something under her breath, but said nothing about it. To be quite honest, it was adorable how she was fidgeting, and looking up at me from beneath her eyelashes. However, I didn't want her to feel intimidated. I probably felt just as nervous, I was just better at hiding it.

Our food came, and I immediately dug in. Penny giggled, and I looked up. "What?"

"You look funny when you eat."

"Huh?"

"You look funny when you eat," she repeated, shrugging. "You stick your tongue out before every bite."

"C'mon, Penny. I take you out and you just make fun of me?" I teased, taking another bite, this time making a point to not stick my tongue out. "I don't think this is going to work."

"Oh, don't worry Harry. I personally find it adorable."

I cocked an eyebrow, tilting my head. "Do you now?"

"I absolutely do," she answered, with a nod.

"Good..." The next bite I took, I stuck my tongue out, looking her in the eyes the entire time I did so.

Penny's gorgeous features lit up in a laugh, and without even thinking, almost as if on impulse... I laughed too.

--

We joked and laughed all the way up the stairs to the floor our flat was on. The date had gone magnificently, I thought. After that little hitch due to Penny's nervousness, it was a never-ending flow of conversation. We got on really well, I thought... and I had a sneaking suspicion that Penny may have felt the same way.

We finally reached our floor, and the laughter ceased. "Well, Harry... It's been a dream." Penny said as we reached her door.

"Yes, it has. Second date soon?" I didn't even care if I was being too bold. I so far adored Penny, and the thought of not having another night like this was awful.

"Of course, Styles." She said, leaning against the wall, not even glancing towards the door to her flat. I took a step forward, holding her hips in my hands. I traced small circles on the fabric over her hip bones with my thumbs, smiling down at her.

"Fantastic..."

Her eyes were wide when they looked up at me, her expression hard to read. "You know, Harry... I don't kiss on the first date."

"Don't worry, love. Neither do I."

I looked at her. She looked at me. I could hear every breath she took, and I was sure she could hear mine. Her cheeks blushed a light shade of pink, and with that, we both leaned in.

I softly pressed my lips to hers, my arms reaching around her petite waist. She pressed a hand to my chest, our lips still gently connected. She broke away from the kiss, and I leaned my forehead against hers. She smiled slightly, and I let out a chuckle.

"Goodnight, Harry."

" Sleep well, Penny."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop, woop. Let me know what you all think, so yeah.
<3