Status: Active x

Tongue-Tied

Here To Stay

Hey Penny! What ya up to (:

I read the text over a few times, thinking of a response. 'Oh, just thinking about you, Harry. Doing something interesting. Not being boring'. Instead, I settled on: Not a lot. What are you doing?

Nothin, just waiting for the boys to come over. Lou's picking them up. Want to come over?

God, did I. I hadn't seen Harry since our date a week ago, even though we lived down the hall from each other. I didn't want to seem too desperate though, so I wandered into my bedroom, changing from my sweat pants and tank top to a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt before replying right away. I'd love to. Be there soon?

Alright. We'll have a bit of time to ourselves, too. So hurry! :)

My heart leapt into my throat, and I headed straight for the door. I'll be there in literally about thirty seconds. I replied as I walked down the hallway towards Harry's flat. I knocked twice on the door, and he opened it before I could knock again. "Hey, babe." He said, a slight hint excitement in his voice. He leaned in, and kissed my cheek quickly before ushering me inside.

The flat was a typical bachelor pad. Take-away boxes everywhere, clothes strewn about and dishes piled in the sink. I didn't mind however, as my flat looked about the same. "Hey you."

"You look great," he said, flashing me a cheeky grin before grabbing my hand and pulling me to the couch. He knocked a few hoodies off, giving me a place to sit.

"Well thank you," I giggled, looking over myself. I didn't think I looked too great. My clothes were pretty average, I had on a minimal amount of make up, and my hair wasn't done.

"When's that second date happening, by the way?" He asked, sitting down beside me, and nudging me with his shoulder.

"Whenever you want it to, Styles."

"Soon, okay?" He asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He concentrated on my features, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Of course... Soon."

"I'm not gonna lie, I really want to kiss you right now..." He breathed out, cupping my cheek in his hand.

"I wouldn't be opposed to that," I mumbled, staring into his eyes. My stomach twisted, as he leaned in, our lips just about touching... I could feel his breath on my mouth, and his thumb gingerly rubbing up and down my cheek bone...

Then, the door opened. We jumped apart, acting as if nothing had been happening.

"Alright, alright. Enough you lovebirds!" Louis yelled placing two large boxes of pizza on the kitchen counter. "I come bearing food and boys."

Harry and I were now on entirely different ends on the couch. My cheeks were scarlet, and I looked over at the three new boys walking in.

"I thought you were gonna text me when you were heading back..." Harry muttered, lifting himself from the couch and walking over to the other boys.

"Thought it'd be funnier if I didn't." Louis winked, grabbing a slice of pizza and taking a large bite. "Well, introduce Penny to the lads, Haz."

Harry raised an eyebrow at me, and I got up, still red as ever. "Err, guys... This is Penny. Penny, this is Liam, Zayn, and Niall."

"Nice to meet you," I mumbled, raising my hand in a small wave. The one with the darkest hair grinned at me, while the blond one came right up and grabbed my hand.

"It's a pleasure," he said in an Irish accent, grinning widely. "I'm Niall."

"Penny." For some reason, I grinned right back.

"You're the neighbor Harry's been talking about so much?"

I looked over at Harry, and he shrugged, looking at the floor shyly. "I guess I am."

"Well, I can see what he's been on about. You are gorgeous."

"Okay, enough..." Harry grunted, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me right against his side. He kissed the top of my head, and shot Niall a warning glance. I didn't even know what to say. Harry and I were far from official, and we weren't even technically dating yet. On one hand, I found it a bit rushed, but on the other... I was happy that he was showing me off, showing the others that I was his. It made me feel a bit special.

"Don't worry, Haz. I'm not moving in on your woman." Niall teased, flashing me a wink. I giggled, looking up at Harry, who's mouth was set in a hard line... It was amazing how he'd claimed me already, and seemingly wasn't tolerating anything else.

"She's not exactly my woman..." Harry said quietly, loosening his grip on me.

"Right, Styles. That's why you were about two seconds from snogging her before we walked in," the one I recalled as Liam said teasingly.

"Hush."

The boys were lovely, despite the few jokes they made in Harry's direction about me. Niall and I got on especially well, with frequent eye contact and sly remarks. Harry kept a protective arm around me the entire night, as if afraid that if he let go I'd leave. I didn't exactly know how to go about telling him I had no intention of going anywhere.

Image

"Alright, bye lads."

"See you Harry, see you Penny," Niall said, as he left the flat. I tried too hard not to usher all the boys out so I could have a few minutes with Penny alone. It was difficult being so close to her alright and not being able to converse directly with her, or quite frankly, kiss her. We'd been on one date, we'd kissed once, but I was absolutely entranced by her. I didn't like the way Niall was looking at her, or talking to her. I already wanted her by myself, and my friends flirting with her really didn't help that case at all.

The rest of the lads (beside Louis of course) were out of the flat quickly, and I turned to Penny with a small smile on my face. As I was about to talk, Lou cut me off.

"I'll leave you two alone, don't do anything naughty," he said with a wink before heading into the bedroom, and closing the door.

"You heard him, Styles..." Penny mumbled, sliding her hands up my hips. She gazed at me up through her eyelashes, and bit her lip. God, I just wanted to attack her. "Nothing naughty."

"Then stop giving me those goo-goo eyes, god... You're making it hard not to," I winked at her and she laughed, shaking her head at me. "I'm joking Penny, don't worry."

"I should hope..." She mumbled, rolling her eyes teasingly. "What was that, anyways? With Niall?"

I shrugged, looking away, but she was resilient, staring at me and waiting for an answer. "Got a bit jealous, I guess. I mean, I'm the one that introduced myself first, I took you out, I've kissed you..."

"I'm not going to run off in the sunset with one of your friends, Harry. I'm quite interested in you, to be quite honest."

I raised an eyebrow, as I saw her cheeks redden. "Are you?"

"'Course I am. I couldn't keep my eyes off you all night... which you would have noticed if you hadn't been sending poor Niall death glares."

I smiled sheepishly, and she smiled back. She was probably right, I had been a little preoccupied with her and Niall becoming such good friends I probably hadn't noticed her affection towards me.

"I'm sorry, I just got jealous... I don't want the other boys looking at you like I do... You're too gorgeous." I mumbled, as I gently grabbed her chin and lifted her head up so she was looking at me. "They definitely can't have you."

With that, I kissed her.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, and I held her waist, pulling her tight against me. It was adorable how much shorter than me she was. I had no problem with bending over a bit to keep the kiss going as I felt her totter on her tip-toes. I grabbed her tightly, lifting her right off her feet. I resisted the urge to twirl her around, before detaching our lips and smiling down at her.

"I don't usually do this, you know..." She breathed out, pressing her head onto my chest.

"Hm?"

"Just... kiss people, Harry. It's not something I do."

"I must be quite special then." I said, grinning down at her. She fondly rolled her eyes, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together.

"Of course, Harry. You're very special."

I chuckled, stroking Penny's hair briefly before holding her out at arm's length. "So... Penny..."

"Yeah?"

"How about that second date?"
♠ ♠ ♠
n'awwe. I haven't updated a story so frequently in a very long time .___. I really like this one, so I hope you do too.
To be quite honest, I've already wrote the smut scenes for later in the story, eheh...
Anyways, let me know what you think.