Sequel: Synthetic Love
Status: This one's completed, so go check out the sequel

Black Damask

Chapter 4.

I was at band practice with the guys playing a few songs and had a break,
“So you and Anna huh?” Chris said smirking
“I don’t like her that way” I defended myself
“Sure, sure in about a week you’ll be “falling in love” with her to only find out that she’ll break your heart” Ryan said
“No I won’t! And I never “fall in love” dumbasses” I said getting up
“Woah woah woah Ghost, calm down we were only ruffling your feathers so don’t your panties in a knot. Just sit the fuck back down” Ricky said pulling me back down to sit
“UGH FINE!” I said sighing, I grabbed out my phone to play some games and saw Anna text me with “Hey, it’s Anna. Text if you want later.” I replied quickly with “Sorry for getting back to you so late. We just finished with band practice. What are you up to?” Anna texted back saying that she was at Wal-Mart which made me a bit confused, the guys must’ve seen me scrunch up my face in confusion.
“What’s wrong with you?” Josh asked
“Anna just texted me saying that she is at Wal-Mart and then eat” I said looking at my phone
“Who the hell does that!?” asked Josh, I shrugged my shoulders and texted Anna back asking “isn’t it kind of late to be shopping and eating?” She replied quickly with “For normal people, yes,” then “But for me, it’s normal.” I told the guys that I was gonna go back to my house since it was getting late and I had school in the morning so I walked across the street to my house (yes I live right across from Chris) and texted Anna saying that I was gonna go to sleep and that I will see/talk to her tomorrow.
When I woke up I got ready for school and headed there, Chris, Angelo and Ricky were already waiting out the front of the school since they all got a ride together in Ang’s car.
“Yo Wazzup!?” Chris said pretending to be a gangster giving me a man hug, I looked at him strangely and he acted normal again. Soon after Chris being strange Josh and Ryan got to school and we were just mucking around joking to each other until the bell rang to tell us to go get our stuff for first class, as I entered my first class which I had with Josh and Anna I saw Anna wasn’t there yet and I was hoping she wouldn’t be late for Mr. Krencher’s class or she would get a detention. Just before the second bell rang she was in the class, she was seated right near me and when Mr. Krencher had his back towards the class I quickly scribbled on a spare piece of paper “Do you always get to class at the last minute?” and tossed it to her desk. She saw the note and looked towards the direction I tossed it to her and she saw me, she turned back around and wrote a reply back. She made sure Mr. Krencher wasn’t looking and she tossed it back to me, I opened it up and saw she wrote “Just the first class, and when I don’t know my way around, like yesterday.” I wrote back with “That’s what happens when you go shopping in the middle of the night,” but before she could even had time to reply Mr. Krencher snatched the piece of paper as he casually walked past her. When Mr. Krencher had his back turned on us again Anna shrugged her shoulders at me with an apologetic smile which I returned with a ‘that’s ok’ smile.
When class finally finished Anna said to me “midnight is the best time to go to the store,”
Josh who was walking in front of Anna and myself quickly spun around and asked “you were shopping at midnight!? What’s wrong with you?” Anna paused for a slight minute before answering back with “sorry, but we don’t have enough time for me to list everything wrong with me.” Anna was turning left while Josh and I were heading straight to the music room for music,
“Maybe I’ll give you a few later. I’m going this way.” Josh and I waved at Anna as she turned to go to her next class,
“Do you mind if she sits with us during lunch?” I asked Josh
“Of course not!” Josh said, I nodded and grabbed my phone out of my jeans pocket and texted Anna asking if she wanted to have fun with me and the guys, she replied back saying sure and I put my phone back in my pocket as we entered the music room.
It was finally lunch and I saw Anna at the corner where we first met yesterday, I saw her pull her hood up and I thought I should go get her then.
“Hey,” I said with a smile then said,
“We’re over here”
Anna followed me around the corner where the guys were sitting in a circle. Seeing us approach, they made space for us, letting Anna sit with her back against the wall,

“So, how are you liking Scranton so far?” Chris asked.

“It’s better than anywhere else I’ve lived,” she said. “I’m not surrounded by people trying to change me, and I haven’t gotten detention yet.”

“Where else have you lived?” asked Angelo.

“Let’s put it this way,” she said taking a slight pause, “I haven’t lived in Hawaii, Wisconsin, or New Mexico, but I’ve lived in at least one city in every other state.” Everyone paused around her had shocked looks on their faces.
“Mom tends to stay in one place for anywhere from three months to two years before she decides to move.” Anna said shrugging her shoulders

“Damn. I guess we’ll have to spend as much time with you as possible then,” Angelo said.
“Or we can kidnap you when you find out you’re moving again.” The guys all nodded at that, all except for me, who was quietly staring down at the ground. The lunch period ended with an extensive conversation of how Anna would be kidnapped, this included some strange ideas, including the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. I was starting to become quite since I knew that Angelo liked Anna and I knew I would never have a chance with me, fuck did I just admit that I liked her? Nah, must be hormones but I don’t want to fuck her.
I walked into my last class for the day which Anna was also in and I remained quiet, the bell went for the end of school and I grabbed my stuff and was walking with the guys and Anna through the parking lot to get to our cars. Anna said goodbye to the guys and was heading to her car, I thought this was now or never.
“Anna, can I ask you something?” she jumped in surprise

“Um, sure,” she said, unlocking the doors to her car so she could throw her backpack onto the passenger seat.
“Is this about my midnight shopping trip?” she asked

I tried to hide my smile but I think she saw the ghost of my smile
“No, I actually wanted to know if you wanted to do something later.” I asked hesitantly, she nodded in response to my question.
“I’m going to go home and sleep for a little while right, now,” Anna said.
“But I’ll be up a little while after the sun goes down.”

“How does 7:30 sound?” I asked, “I can pick you up, or we can meet somewhere if you’re more comfortable with that,” I offered hoping her would say yes.

“7:30 sounds good, and you can pick me up,” Anna said, my eyes lit up with happiness.
“I’ll text you my address so you know where to go.” She said

“I’ll see you in a few hours then,” I said but before leaving I said,
“Sleep well Wednesday,” with a laugh

“I’ll be waiting,” she said.
“And don’t think about skipping out, Lurch isn’t afraid of Edward Scissorhands’s abandoned mansion.” Anna said getting into her car shaking her head, I walked away to where the guys where with a smile on my face.
“Soo…. What happened?” asked Chris
“I just asked her if she wanted to chill” I said shrugging my shoulders like it wasn’t a big deal
“And when you mean chill, you mean root right?” asked Chris ruffling my hair,
“Fuck off!” I said swatting his hand away. I drove back home and put my bag on my bedroom floor, I felt my phone vibrate and I saw Anna text me.
“Hey Dev, I live at 2 Bell Street ~ Anna :]“ I replied quickly with “Oh hey, alrighty see you at 7.30 ~ Devin”
I played my bass for a while and when I looked at the time I saw it was 6.30
“Shit better get ready!” I said quickly getting up and grabbing some clean clothes to get changed into. The next time I looked I saw it was 7.15
“Fuck, better get to Anna’s!”, I ran to my car and put the key in the ignition and drove to Anna’s. Exactly on 7.30 I was at Anna’s front door knocking, I heard a slight “hang on” then footsteps to the door. Anna opened up the door with a smile on her face,
“Oh hey Dev, let me just grab my bag and we can head off yeah?” Anna said
“Yeah” I said as Anna went into a different rooms then came back with her bag. She closed her door and checked if it was locked then headed to my car, I turned the car on and AFI were blasting through my car speakers, I cringed a tiny bit because of how loud it was.
“You like AFI?” Anna asked in disbelief
“Of course! One of my most favourite bands, why? Do you like them?” I asked
“Shit yeah!” Anna said grinning, we were blasting AFI through my car speakers not caring what people thought of us and I parked at a nice café.
“Are we going in there?” Anna asked
“Kind of… We’re getting food then I’m taking you to one of my most favourite places” I said getting out of the car and locked the car door when Anna got out, we entered and the smell of fresh coffee hit us.
“So what do you want?” I asked as we were looking at the food
“Um I’ll have a jelly slice and I’ll go grab a diet Pepsi” Anna said walking away to the drink fridge,
“Can I help you?” asked a girl. I looked at her and recognised her as one of the girls who have asked repeatedly to go out with me,
“Um I’ll take the chocolate slice and a jelly slice” I said. Anna walked up to me and put the bottle of her drink down on the counter,
“Oh and that annnnnd….” I said walking towards the drink fridge and grabbed myself a mountain dew
“And this as well” I said walking towards where I was getting served. I saw the girl who I remembered her name as Casey giving death glares to Anna,
“Oh and I would love it if you stopped giving her glares” I said
“That comes up to $7.38” Casey snarled at us, I gave her the money and grabbed our stuff heading out towards the door. Once we were outside Anna asked,
“Are you okay?” putting her hand on my shoulder
“Yeah I’m fine, I just don’t want people hating you because of me” I said looking down
“I don’t care if people hate me here, nothing they do can change me” Anna said.
We continued to walk towards the old abandoned park where I go to, to think.
“How come we’re here?” Anna asked as she sat on the park bench,
“I thought I would show you my spot where I go when I want to get away from people” I said taking a seat next to her. We sat there in a comfortable silence eating our slices and drinking our drinks peacefully,
“This is nice” Anna said to break the silence
“It is” I said taking a sip out of the bottle of mountain dew, I saw Anna nod in the corner of my eye and then she laid her head on my shoulder.
“I’m glad you’re one of my close friends Devin” she said sighing, I was just a friend to her. Nothing more, well this completely fucked me up, oh shit I just realized I really do actually like Anna.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly thought this would take longer since I am dead set tired from my graduation dinner but I hope you guys liked this chapter! I almost fell asleep multiple times just to complete this.

What do you guys think about Devin finally realizing he has feelings for Anna? Comment what you think about this story/the characters of this story and I would love to thank the people who have commented on this story and the people who have subscribed and recommended this story.

I would love to see you guys reading my sequel to my first Motionless In White story, link; http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/497423/Breathe/

Thanks guys, I'll leave Anna's POV to ElegantFalcon :)
~TheRockshowChick