It Takes Someone Special to Be a Dad

Realizations










Kate's POV
“We really can’t keep doing this,” my hands clutched his hair as he attacked my neck.
“Da, I mean no we can’t,” he continued up to my ear.
“We shouldn't,” I wrapped my legs around his waist pulling his hips closer.
“It’s bad, shouldn't do it but want to,” he was well and truly out of breath.
“We should just stop,” I pushed his head back but made the fatal mistake of looking into his eyes.

His large brown orbs were glazed over with lust and desire and I couldn't say no to a man that wanted me that much, “or we could just…” I latched my lips back onto his.

For the past month we had been messing around. He would come over for dinner and when Asher was put to bed things would continue on in my own bedroom or the couch but he was always gone before morning and honestly sometimes that bothered me.

The other day Veronique sat us down for lunch and gave us the third degree about how we were going to ruin everything if we didn’t come up with a better situation.

We knew she was right we couldn't keep going on with this. I had Asher I had to think of and each day he was getting more and more attached to his company. I had to talk to him.

**************************************

“Mummy!” my eyes widened as I heard my son scream.
I threw the blankets off of us and scurried out of bed, wrapping myself in my robe and running down the hall.
“Asher?” I flung his door open to find my little boy curled up in tears.

“Is he ok?” he stood at the door to my sons’ room.
“Yeah just a nightmare,” I soothed my little boy giving him a kiss on the forehead.
“Geno,” Asher spoke up.
“Da,” he moved from the door way passed me and to the little bed in the corner.

I watched in adoration as my son wrapped his tiny arms around Evgeni’s neck, “You ok?” Evgeni tucked him in making sure he was snug in his blankets.
Asher nodded simply before rolling over hugging his teddy.
“Go sleep,” Evgeni lent down and kissed his forehead.

“He is fine,” Evgeni put his hand on my back as I stood by the door watching over my sleeping child.
“I know, it just happens every night and it’s getting stressful,” I sighed relaxing into his embrace.
“Stop worrying,” he pressed his lips to my forehead, “all kids have nightmares.”

“I should go,” he began to pull away.
“You don’t have to, you could stay,” I offered grabbing his hand.
“But what about…?” I pressed my finger to his mouth to silence him.
“I want you to stay,” I wrapped my arms around his neck, “we want you to stay,” I looked at Asher briefly before he grabbed my chin and kissed me lovingly.
“Ok, I stay,” he smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know my characters have the same name as my other story Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place but I have grown attached to them and already have an image of them in my head so it makes my writing easier.

Anyways I hope you like this story too.