It Takes Someone Special to Be a Dad

Stop Pushing Me Away










Kate’s POV
“Sid,” I opened the door.
“Hey, how are you doing?” he pulled me into a hug.
“I am ok, couldn’t sleep last night,” I shrugged.
“Geno isn’t taking it too well; I had to hide all the alcohol from him.”
“I know, I am sorry, I just…” I sighed before walking into the kitchen, “What would you do if your kid had cancer?” I sat down on the other side of the table next to my son.
“What do you mean?” he curled his eyebrow at me.
“I mean what lengths would you go to in order to help him get better?”
“I would do anything,” Sid shook his head.

It wasn’t really helping to make my decision any easier. I had to do it, I should have just told Evgeni the truth instead of kicking him out like I did.

“I am moving to Florida,” I deadpanned.
“What? Why?” Sid moved closer to me taking the seat across the table from me.
I looked at my son pushing his little toy car around the table, “I have to, for him,” I ran my hand over his head and he smiled at me. “My brother is down there, I need the support right now. With Evgeni always gone I have to do this on my own and I can’t, there is clinic down there and the doctor is great he worked with my cousin when he was sick. Look Sid I don’t want to leave but I have to.”
“No, you don’t we can figure something out, what about Vero?”
“Asher doesn’t spend every night crying for Evgeni for nothing.”

Sid began searching through his pockets before pulling out his phone, “what are you doing?” I frowned at him.
“I am ringing Geno, you can’t do this to him,” he got up and headed outside before I could stop him.

I knew pushing Evgeni away wasn’t the best way to go about it. I would have been better off telling him exactly what I told Sid, it wasn’t that hard. But then again Sid isn’t Evgeni.

It is easier for me to deal with someone else being the reason they left rather than it being my own fault. That’s why I care very little about Jack. Sure I have my trust issues from it but I know it was his choice. If someone messes with my son I feel I have every reason to protect him and get rid of them. But getting rid of Evgeni just wasn’t going to work. I couldn’t justify what I was doing to him.

**************************************

Sid decided he was going to take Asher out skating to distract him for awhile why Evgeni and I sorted us out.

To be honest I hadn’t been this nervous about anything since the first time Evgeni and I slept together. Back then it was just sex, we didn’t want anything more from each other. But it never works that way, at one point or another someone falls for the other or in our case we both fell for each other. We were lucky I guess, it made the whole thing easier to deal with.

“Kate,” he walked in the front door with is head down. I stayed were I was at the kitchen table, I needed something between us otherwise I couldn’t deal with it.

His hair was a mess, sticking up every which way. He clearly had a rough night with the dark circles around his eyes. He looked exactly how I felt, like death.

He sat down in front of me but I couldn’t look at him. I couldn’t deal with the intensity of his eyes when he looked at me, they always made me weak.

“Sid said you explain,” he twiddled his thumbs.
“Did he now?” I folded my hands over my chest.
“He said you tell real reason.”
“I hate you Sid,” I muttered under my breath.

“You would do anything to get Asher better right?”
“Yeah,” he answered quickly like there was no way he would consider any other option.
“Well I have to do what is best for Asher.”
“Do what?”
“Leave.”
“Leave where?” I could see fire beginning to light in his eyes.

“Evgeni, I don’t want to fight with you anymore but Asher needs someone who is going to be there for him when he needs it, which is why I have to go to Florida with my brother.”
“No you don’t, I am trying,” he stood up, his first clenched so tight I could see the vein bulge in his arm, “I try, make one mistake and you go crazy,” his voice began to rise.
“You hurt my son it’s my job to protect him,” I got up and walked into the kitchen needing to get away from him.
“Kids forgive, why not you?” he followed me.

He knew exactly why I couldn’t forgive; we had been through this a million times.

“You think I am like Jack, you push me away because you scared I leave.”
“No it’s not,” I snorted, “you think everything is about Jack,” I headed into the lounge room.
“Because it is,” he followed, “you confuse me. Nothing make sense,” he shook his head, “we fine, I make mistake and you push me away.”
“I do not!” I took a step back and crossed my arms.
“See,” he pointed out with a smug look on his face.

He took another step closer and I could tell by the look on his face that he loved this simply because he knew he was winning. He was slowly tearing down every wall I had put up.

He reached out and grabbed me before I stumbled over. He continued to smile as he pulled me close and stared down at me. I couldn’t move as his hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me so we were chest to chest with no way of me ignoring him, “Can you forgive me?”

I knew he wasn’t just talking about Asher anymore. I had to get what Jack did to me out of my mind forever and just move on.

I nodded pulling away just needing to breathe. The control he had over me when he was that close was unbearable. He knew it too, that’s why he stayed so close. That’s why he wasn’t letting me get too far away. While I felt like it wasn’t fair for me, it was working. I was slowly giving back into him.

“Good,” he tightened his grip around me and pulled me back into him.

Our mouths connected and his tongue forced his way into my mouth. The kiss was hot, not too aggressive, but enough to tell me he still hadn’t forgiven me.

His tongue explored every each of my mouth and I knew I had to fight back in fear he would completely over power me. He didn’t give me the chance though, nibbling my bottom lip before finally letting me breathe.

“I am sorry,” I held onto his shoulder’s in fear that I was about to fall. He was making me feel dizzy with desire and I remembered why I loved him in the first place. His ability to understand and push me was the kind of person I needed to be with.

In my mind I wasn’t completely ready to give into him but as his hands wandered over my body; his fingers trailing up my sides, his palm massaging the middle of my back I couldn’t help the moan that escaped my mouth as I tried to arch into him.

God, I had missed him. Missed the way his hands felt on my body, the way his lips felt on mine. I just missed everything about him.

We began pulling at each others clothing, needing each other, needing that closeness. That same desire I saw in his eyes that first time was back. “Upstairs,” he pulled me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist.

The way he held me, the way he looked at me. I could see how much he needed me and I needed him just as much.

He groaned as I slipped my hand under the waist band of his sweats, “Help me,” I complained as I tried pulling them down. It was all that was left separating our bodies physically and I had grown inpatient.

My breath hitched as he grinded his hips into mine, his erection rubbing against me and I was so ready for him.
“Evgeni, please,” I raised my hips to him.

He angled my hips and easily pushed into me before I pulled him back down to me. I needed to be close to him, I needed to feel every inch of him brushing against me, every contour of his body on mine.

I tried to push him back, I always felt like I needed to be in control. I needed to know that I was limiting what would happen.
“Stop it,” he forced me to look him in the eyes, “I show you I am not him.”

He didn’t have to say his name; I knew exactly who he meant. Evgeni was far from anything like Jack, I knew it but sometimes I didn’t believe it. I didn’t want to believe because I was too pathetic to let someone back into my life like that.

The steady pace he held had become more rapid and the moans slipping from my mouth become more frequent.
“Evgeni,” I wrapped my legs around his hips pulling him further into me as my body began to convulse around his.

After that it wasn’t much more for him and he was gone. His hips thrusting into me on their own accord as he hovered over me trying not to crush me.

He collapsed next to me trying to catch his breath and I found myself gravitating towards him. His arms wrapped around me as he held me to his chest, “no more pushing away, ok?”
“Ok.”