It Takes Someone Special to Be a Dad

One Plus One Equals Troll Baby?










Kate’s POV
“Kate wake up, I go work,” his soft lips brushed my forehead.
“No,” I rolled over wanting nothing more than to finally get some sleep.
“You not sleep again?” he rubbed his large hand up and down my back.
“No,” I forced my eyes open.
“I take Ash to work then, you sleep,” I couldn’t argue with that.
“Ok thanks.”
“I love you,” he lent down and kissed me.
“I love you too, oh and don’t forget the appointment with obstetrician at 2pm so please be home and don’t tell anyone yet, wait until the New Years Party.”
“Ok I try.”

I hadn’t had the house to myself in a long time. There was no work to go to, no Asher to make breakfast for, just do my own thing.

I was lying upside down on the couch watching some boring morning new show. I hadn’t missed late morning television with their annoying broadcasters and boring pointless news stories.

“Kate,” I heard Vero as she knocked on the door.
“What?” I frowned opening the door.
“What are you doing? Why does Evgeni have Asher at the rink without you?”

Great she was going to find out, “what is with the baby books?” she turned around, “is there something you and Geno are hiding from us?” she smiled.
“Not hiding, but if you tell anyone you are going to ruin your very own New Years party,” I took a seat in amongst all the books.
“Omg your going to have a baby!” she screamed and jumped onto the couch next to me.

“Oh could you do us a favor this afternoon?” I asked as I began making lunch.
“Yeah sure.”
“Can you watch Asher for us, we have an appointment with our obstetrician, get to see the baby for the first time.”
That was when my boys barged through the front door making plenty of noise.

“Mummy!” Asher yelled running into the kitchen.
“Woah, slow down there little man. What’s got you so happy?”
“Daddy say we make rink next winter.”
“Did he now?” I looked at Evgeni who just shrugged.
“He wants rink, he get rink,” he put his hand on my belly and gave me a kiss.
“Oh so your one of those parents that lets them get whatever they want?” Vero spoke up from.
“Yes I am,” Evgeni smiled with a guilty face.

**************************************

“Oh wow,” the doctor glanced harder at the screen.
Evgeni’s hand clamped down around mine at the uncertain look on his face. “What?” I tried to sit up and look at the image.
“Don’t worry,” he smiled, “but I have some more news,” he turned the screen to show us the image, “here is baby one and here is baby two,” he pointed out the two tiny little figures.
“Twins,” Evgeni smiled looking down at me, “we have twins,” he beamed leaning down and kissing me hard.

Honestly I was a little nervous about having another baby let alone twins but I had Evgeni by my side this time around and I loved him dearly.

“Do you want to hear their heart beats?” the doctor was smiling. He must love his job, getting to tell people all this great news. Sure it would have its downs but the highs would have to out weigh them.

Nothing would wipe the smile from Evgeni’s face as we listened to their little heart beats beat away.
“Everything is perfect,” he whispered resting his forehead against mine.

“Hey Ash, we have a surprise to tell you,” we joined our son at the table to dig into dinner.
“What?” he slurped his spaghetti up.
“You like playing with Rhys don’t you?” I asked sitting next to him and running my hand over his head that was starting to get his adorable blonde hair back.
“Yeah,” he put his fork down and paid attention to me.
“Well… what would you say to having your own brother or sister?”
“Really?” he stood up on his chair.
“Yeah really, two of them,” I loved his enthusiasm.
“Two brothers,” his mouth was wide open.
“Well we don’t know if they will be boys yet, but maybe,” I grabbed his hand and put it on my stomach, “in a few weeks you will feel them move.”
“Cool!” his tiny hands tickled my stomach.

“I guess now we have to buy two of everything,” I smiled as we laid on the couch after the hassle of getting our happy little 3 year old in bed.
“Boys or girls?” Evgeni wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his side.
“One of each,” he curled an eyebrow at me.
“What?” I laughed, “it can happen,” I shrugged.
“We find out?”
“In about 6 weeks we can found out, only if you want to that is,” I lent up and kissed him.
“Can’t wait,” he smiled.

“What do you want? Boys or girls?” I rested my head on his chest.
“Don’t care, boy, girl, baby with one eye, colored green, even two heads, still love them.”
“Really? One eye, colored green? Are you describing a troll baby?” I looked up at him.
“Maybe,” he shrugged.
“You’re weird,” I shook my head at him.
“But you still love me,” he pulled me down on top of him where we stayed all night in the peace and quiet.