Status: Updating every chance I get!

I'm So Bad At Being Lonely.

Chapter 17

"You WHAT?!?!" I gasped, shocked at what my best friend had just told me. She began sobbing again and just nodded. "My period is three weeks late. I don't understand Addie, I'm on birth control and my period is always on time!! How could I be pregnant?" She asked, sounding miserable. I sighed, "Well, birth control is only 99% effective... I guess you could've just gotten unlucky... What're you gonna do Jaz?" She gave a half-hearted laugh and shrugged. "Be a single mom, I guess." My jaw dropped. "Jesse wouldn't stay with you??" That's impossible. He's crazy for her. She looked down at her feet and shook her head, "He told me that if I was pregnant to give it up for adoption, that we couldn't have a baby so soon with him being a touring musician. I told him I didn't think I'd be able to do that and.. We got into this big argument. That's why he seems so pissed off." I looked at her sympathetically and pulled her into a hug again. She weakly returned it before turning around to try and fix her disheveled makeup. When she had done her best, we walked out of the bathroom together and returned to the table where the guys were.

The rest of the dinner was awkward. Jesse and Jasmine were both quiet and wouldn't even look at eachother. The rest of the guys and I tried to make conversation and jokes but it just led to awkward silences knowing that there was so much tension. No one else but me knew what was really going on so Jack kept shooting me questioning glances and I eventually whispered to him that I'd explain later. He'd probably hear about it from Jesse at the club anyway. When we were finished eating, The guys had already began lightly drinking, Jesse a little more than the others; while Jasmine and I hadn't drank anything but water. I decided I'd stay sober with her for the night. I feel like tonight might not end so well after all.

When we left to go out dancing, I drove Jack and I while the rest took cabs. I explained to him what was going on between Jasmine and Jesse and his jaw dropped just like mine had. "WHAT?" He half-yelled. "Shh, yes. But don't tell anyone. And don't tell Jesse I told you, I'm sure he'll confide in you tonight when me and Jaz are out dancing or something." He nodded and gently placed his hand on my thigh, closing his eyes and resting his head on the seat until we got to the club. As I pulled up to park, I was silently begging for everything to go fairly smoothly despite the rough start. Hopefully Jesse and Jasmine would chill out and relax once we got into a more fun environment. We'll just have to see...

Once we got inside and sat down at one of the bigger lounge tables, Jesse got up right away to go to the bar. Jack looked at me and I nodded at him, assuring it was okay to go with Jesse to help him relax. The rest of the guys kind of dispersed into the crowd and me and Jasmine were left alone at the table, drinking strawberry lemonade. What a fabulous night. Oh well, at least there were no arguments... yet. I spotted Jesse and Jack making their way back to the table, drinks in hand, so I decided to pull Jasmine up from the table and suggest we go dance. She looked over my shoulder to see the guys approaching and quickly nodded. We got into the center of the dance floor just as one of our favorite songs came on! We started laughing and I draped my arms over her shoulders as we moved to the beat of the music.

After a while of dancing, Jasmine went to go to the bathroom and I was getting pretty sweaty and about to go sit back down when I felt a pair of strong hands on my waist. Figuring it was Jack, I smiled and leaned back into the person behind me, swaying my hips with the music. When I felt a pair of lips kiss my neck seductively I knew it wasn't Jack. I turned around fast and smacked the stranger across the face, just before Jack appeared behind him, whirling him around and slamming his fist into the dude's nose. Before the creep could retaliate, Jack pulled me out of the crown by my arm and make our way toward the exit quickly. I was fuming and so was he, this was not going to be good. As soon as we were outside, I wrenched free from his grip and began yelling, "What the fuck was that?!?" He looked at me like I was an idiot. "What the fuck, Addie?? I should be asking YOU that question!! Not the other way around!! I go into the crowd to find you and tell you that everyone was leaving soon, and I see you ass deep in some dude's crotch?!?" "Ummm hello??" I retaliated, "Did you NOT see me turn around and hit him?! I thought it was you until he started to kiss my neck!!" He scoffed. "Oh, so you're telling me that you never once turned to look at this dude you were dancing with?" I rubbed my temples in frustration, "Jack, we were only dancing for like half of a song." I said more calmly, gritting my teeth to keep myself from shouting. He rubbed his face in his hands and then pinched the bridge of his nose, he was tired. I sighed, "Come on, let's go home. We'll talk about this in the morning." My voice came out softer and more gentle, and Jack virtually relaxed upon hearing I wasn't going to yell at him anymore.

We got into the car and I drove back to his house, ready to just go to sleep. We both walked tiredly into the house and I headed straight for the bedroom. Jack stopped in the kitchen, probably to read a note his parents left him when they came to feed his dogs and let them outside today. I stripped myself of my dress and climbed into the bed in just my bra and undies. I was already drifting to sleep when I felt Jack crawl in to bed next to me. He wasn't touching me and I assumed he thought I was still mad at him. I scooted closer and intertwined my legs with his and he reacted by wrapping his arms around my waist. I sighed in content and felt him kiss the top of my head just before I fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh, kind of a filler. The SWS boys are leaving to write the record in either the next chapter or the one after that, so there will be some smut and some sap coming up. :)

By the way, you guys should go listen to THIS COVER --------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hacfUx9PhFY and if you like it check out some of his others too :)

He has an AMAZING voice and I haven't been able to stop listening to him :) Give his band a like on facebook too!

Anyway, thanks for reading! xx