Status: Updating every chance I get!

I'm So Bad At Being Lonely.

Chapter 3

I woke up the next day with a killer headache. Damn, I needed to talk to Jasmine. I called her, forgetting that she stayed with Jesse the night before. She forwarded my call, and sent me a text shortly after saying she'd call me when she got home. I replied with a quick 'Talk to you then.' and got up to take some Advil. About an hour later, my phone rang. Expecting it to be Jasmine, I didn't even look at the screen before answering. I was surprised to hear Jack's voice on the other end of the line. "Hey beautiful, you wanna go out for lunch?" I should probably tell him....

"Um, hi Jack. Listen, I'd love to.. but I don't want to send you the wrong message. I'm not looking for a relationship right now, I just got out of a shitty one not long ago and I don't want it to get in the way of my new job and stuff right now.. I'm sorry if I made you think different last night." I said quickly, holding my breath for his response. "Oh! That's totally cool. We could just grab a bite and hang out. No pressure." He seemed so fine with it, I felt a pang of disappointment and frowned. No, Addison. Stop this. You shouldn't be upset that he's okay with not being more than friends. You DON'T LIKE HIM. I told myself. I drug myself out of my thoughts and responded, "Okay, sounds great! I'm starving."

Half an hour later, Jack was at my apartment to pick me up. I walked down and got into his car, which smelled like expensive cologne. Mmmm he smells so good.. "So where do you want to go?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts that I SHOULDN'T have been thinking anyway. "You've lived here a lot longer than me, you pick!" I said playfully. He laughed. "Okay, Red Lobster it is!" I smiled. I love seafood. I wonder what else we have in common..

We finished eating and went to the park for a walk, during which I found out we had a lot in common. We both love all genres of music, we love animals, and denim! He's so funny, he had me cracking up almost the whole time. And his smile made my heart melt... We talked about everything from childhood memories to what our favorite subject in high school was. Then we got on the topic of relationships. Shit, I know it's coming...

"So, what was so shitty about your last relationship?" FUCK, I KNEW IT. "Um, well the relationship itself wasn't so shitty, it was the way it ended that was.." He frowned. "Lot's of drama, huh? I hate that." "Yeah, it was dramatic, to say the least." I laughed uncomfortably. "Why, what happened?" He asked. "You probably don't want to know. It was a one time thing and he wasn't thinking clearly." I replied, not making eye contact. "What do you mean a one time thing?" He asked anxiously, kinda getting the clue of what had happened. "I hadn't told him that I was thinking about moving here, I was planning on telling him when I knew for sure. He found out somehow and flipped out, he lost control and pushed me around a bit.. it's no big deal.." I kept my eyes on the ground as I told him, not letting him see the tears rolling down my cheeks. He was pissed. "What the fuck, Addie. No big deal? I'd like to choke that coward out right now. That's bullshit. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, babe." He pulled me into a tight hug, I felt safe, like I fit into his arms perfectly. He called me babe...

I couldn't help but smile as I pulled away and looked into his perfect brown eyes. He looked down at me with this concerned look, and gently kissed my forehead. I felt dizzy. Why was he being so sweet? Why is he here with me right now? He could probably get any girl he wanted. Before I knew it, I was wrapping my arms around his neck into another hug, this one more affectionate, like we were a couple. I smiled and then thought to myself, 'Addison what the fuck are you doing? Stop letting your guard down! Just because he seems nice doesn't mean he is! Yes, it's been amazing so far but you need to wake up and realize things aren't always what they seem.' and just like that, I pulled away, and forced my guard back up. "I should probably get back home..."