Status: Updating every chance I get!

I'm So Bad At Being Lonely.

Chapter 4

The ride home was quiet. He looked so confused when I shut down like that, and a part of me regretted it; but I didn't know what else to do. I was not going to let myself get hurt again, I wasn't letting anyone in, I wasn't putting my trust out there so easily this time. Especially with a gorgeous, funny, charming rockstar like him. I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of groupies that he could get with at anytime and leave me in the dirt. No way, not on my watch.

When we got back to my apartment, he asked if he could come in and talk to me. "I don't know.." I said back, having an internal war with myself over if I should let him come in or not. "Jasmine still hasn't contacted me and I want to make sure she's okay. Maybe some other time?" He looked down, obviously disappointed. "Yeah, sure." I reluctantly turned to get out of his car, and right as I was opening the door he stopped me. "Addison?" I looked back at him, "Yes?" He looked embarrassed. "Di.. did I do something wrong today?" I sighed, and closed the car door. "No, Jack. You didn't do anything wrong. You're amazing. I just... I don't know. Can we talk about this some other time, please?" I felt tears start to water up in my eyes. Did I really lead him on that bad? Oh my... He seemed to understand my need to be alone and quickly replied, "Yes, of course. I'll call you sometime soon, okay?" I smiled at him, "Thank you, I'll look forward to it." I got out of the car, and as he drove away I immediately wanted to turn back the clock and just let him in. He was so nice.. I can't believe this is happening to me.

I got in my apartment and texted Jasmine saying 'You need to call me, ASAP. I need help!!' She called me almost immediately. I answered, hearing Jasmine's excited voice. "ADDISON! I'm so sorry, I got home and crashed, I have a hangover from hell. What's going on??" I laughed, "Well miss Jaz I'll tell you as soon as you tell me what happened with you and 'hottie redhead' last night!" She giggled and went on to tell me about how they went back to his apartment and surprisingly, didn't do anything. They just hungout and watched a movie before going to bed, and how they have a date tonight. Now, I don't know if I believe that story, but I'll just pretend I do. "So what's going on with you now?" She asked me. I inhaled deeply, getting ready to explain to her EVERYTHING that was going on. Including what had happened with my ex a few months ago. Damn, I don't think I've ever talked about my feelings this much in one day before.

She was quiet for a little bit after I finished. She sighed, "Addie, shit.. It sounds like he really likes you." She said softly. "Ugh, I know Jaz! And I like him too, but number 1, I don't think I'm ready to put myself out there just yet. And number 2, especially with someone who's in a successful band and has plenty of opportunities to cheat when on tour. I just don't think I could do it." I shook my head, having another argument with myself, debating on whether or not I should give him a chance. "Okay, it sounds like you've got a lot on your mind. How about I go buy some ice cream and wine coolers, and rent some sappy movies after my date with Jess, and we have a movie night at your place." She suggested. "That sounds awesome, but instead of sappy chick flicks, can we watch scary movies?" I asked hopefully. "Your wish is my command, my lady." She giggled, we said our goodbyes and hung up. I'm so glad I met her.

*Jack's POV*
"Dude, I just don't know what to do. I like this girl a lot, I can't get her off my mind. The way she opened up to me at the park, and just like that it was like a wall was dropped right in between us. She's damaged.. I just want to show her she's not broken." I spilled my guts to Justin, the guitar tech for the band and one of my best friends. "Jack, you need to give her some time and maybe she'll come around. Give her a few days to think, then call her. Ask her to hang out, and surprise her with something special. Show her not all guys are dicks. I know how you are with your girlfriends, Jack. If she gives you a chance, I know she won't regret it. You just have to win her over first." I nodded. "Thanks, Justin. I think I'll do that. I'll talk to you later." I hung up the phone, and thought about what I could do for her. I've never been so intrigued by someone before in my life. This girl was different, and I'm determined to do whatever it takes to make her mine.