Status: Updating every chance I get!

I'm So Bad At Being Lonely.

Chapter 6

*Addison's POV*
As I was listening to him confess his feelings for me, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I liked him. A lot. I mean, I already knew I was kind of crushing on him, but in this moment, I knew that I had to give him a chance. He'd been constantly trying to break down the wall that I'd built and it was about time that I just let it fall. When he was finished, I stared at his sincere brown eyes for a few seconds, and I pulled him into a kiss. What was I thinking? Holy shit I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to make up for all the confusion I'd put him through for the past week or so. As soon as my lips touched his, he immediately reacted. He grabbed my face with his hands and kissed me hard. Damn, he was good. When I pulled away and leaned my forehead on his, he tipped my chin up and kissed me again, this time gentler. I blushed a little and looked down, trying to contain the huge smile that was forming in my face.

"Wow, I did not expect that from you." He said to me. I smiled again and bit my lip, "Well, I had to figure out a good way to tell you that I wanted nothing else but to be your girlfriend, and that just felt like the right thing to do." He flashed me that amazing smile. "You want to be my girlfriend? You mean you're giving me a chance??" I laughed a little, "Yes Jack, I want to be your girlfriend. And we better make these next couple of weeks good if I'm gonna have to go months without seeing you.." I said, trying to sound lighthearted but I think he could tell I was still nervous about the whole tour thing. He nodded and smiled at me reassuringly, "I promise, I'll make the time we have worth it. And there will be a few Florida dates that you'd be able to come to and you'd get in for free of course, if by chance you miss me." He smiled when he said that last part. I would go in a heartbeat, because I had a feeling I'd be missing him terribly.

When I got back to my apartment, I found Jasmine sprawled out on my living room floor fast asleep. I guess I took longer than I thought I would.. Oh well. I laid down on the couch, as I was feeling pretty tired myself. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep, and when I woke up in the morning, I felt refreshed and ready for the day. It was Sunday, so I planned on cleaning up my apartment a bit and then relaxing until my first real day on the job tomorrow. I couldn't wait. When Jasmine finally woke up, I poured her a cup of coffee and told her all about what had happened last night. Her face lit up and she squealed happily. "I KNEW you two would end up together! I just knew it! Aww that's too cute!" I blushed and nodded, "He's really sweet Jaz, I'm just scared about the whole 'touring musician' thing. It''s scary to think that there's always gonna be the possibility of him seeing some girl that he likes more than me." She smiled at me, "Honey, trust me, from the way he spoke to me about you, he isn't gonna be paying attention to anyone else."

Later on that day, I was cleaning up and finding different ways to keep myself occupied until it was time to go to bed. Jack and I had been texting back and forth all day but he stopped about an hour ago. I wonder what he's up to... Just as I let my mind wander off I heard a knock at my door. What the... who could that be? I opened to door to a very smiley Jack holding a bouquet of flowers. I think I died a little. "Jack.. what are you doing here? And what are these for? They're so pretty." He walked in the door and looked down at me. "I just wanted to say thank you for opening up and giving me a chance, I know it's been hard for you, and I want to show you that I'm gonna be the best boyfriend I can possibly be." Oh my goodness. This man really couldn't get any more perfect. I looked up at him with a smile on my face and gently took the flowers from him, kissing him on the cheek. I lingered by his face for a second and whispered "Thank you.." before turning to go to the kitchen and put the flowers in a vase of water.

We spent the rest of the day cuddled up on my couch watching all the movies me and Jasmine didn't get to watch the night before. That was another thing we also mutually loved, horror movies. We also talked for awhile and even ended up playing a game or two of Jenga before he left. I had the biggest smile on my face that night going to bed as I remembered all that had happened today. I began thinking of how easy it was to trust him and how serious he was about being my boyfriend. I just knew I wouldn't have to worry about a thing, he was amazing.

*Jack's POV*
When I got home I was surprisingly exhausted. I fed my dogs and headed for bed. I texted Addie a quick goodnight text, telling her I couldn't wait to see her again, and shut my light off. My phone buzzed almost immediately after I sent that text her her. Dang, that was quick. I looked at my phone and my stomach dropped. It was a message from my ex, Jenna, who I haven't talked to in probably a year. I'm not gonna lie, we were together for about 5 years and she was the only serious relationship I'd ever had with anyone. I was still in the process of getting over her and this text sure as hell wouldn't help anything. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening it. When I read what it said, I think my heart stopped. 'Hey Jack, I miss you. Do you think we could talk...?' As I was laying there, wondering what I should say back to her, my phone buzzed again, this time from Addie. 'Sweet dreams, cutie pie. I'll talk to you tomorrow, and maybe we could see eachother then if you'd like? If I'm not too tired from work, that is ;)' I smiled. She always made me smile. I knew immediately it was time to put my past in the past and move on from it.

I texted Jenna and told her I was seeing someone, and I wasn't looking to be anything more than friends with her. She replied quickly, 'Oh, that's fine! I'm seeing someone myself. I just missed talking to you. Maybe we could make plans for tomorrow?' I sighed, feeling disappointed that she had found someone else. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I can't help that I was in love with her for so long. Was I still in love with her? No, I couldn't be. I hadn't really thought about her in months. I looked at my phone again and re-read the message she had just sent me. I replied to her, 'Okay, yeah that's fine. We'll talk tomorrow.' So I was really gonna hang out with my ex-girlfriend tomorrow when I had just gotten a new one a day ago? I was already screwing up. Fuck, and Adds had asked me if I wanted to see her tomorrow too. Shit shit shit. I felt a huge pang of guilt and immediately told Jenna that I had plans for tomorrow night. She replied by telling me that we could do it during the day. Jeez, she really wanted to see me tomorrow, I wonder why... I fell asleep thinking about Jenna and Addie, wondering how this whole thing would work out. I liked Addie too much to screw things up now, especially when I Had worked so hard to gain her trust. I couldn't let this come between us. I wouldn't.