Status: Sequel to Concussions

I Just Love Her

One

I watched Cheyenne stand next to Jordan and Geno. Her brown hair cascaded down her back and she looked incredibly gorgeous, even though she was just crying…. Because of me. When Geno hugged her, I wished it was me comforting her.

The tight black dress looked classy on her with her high black heels. She always looked fantastic. Cheyenne was the kind of girl that never understood her beauty. She doesn’t understand how effortlessly beautiful she is. Her hair was naturally curly, but not too curly. The curls were loose and gorgeous. Once her hair got longer, her hair would be wavy. Like it was now. Her hair went to her waist and it was beautiful. Her legs were long and toned. Perfect for heels. Jordan tells me all the time that she’s so insecure and I never understand why. She refuses to wear makeup. The one day I heard her talking to Vero. Vero was so pissed that she learned that Cheyenne doesn’t wear makeup.

I was in love with Jordan Staal’s girlfriend. I was in love with a girl that hated my guts. I was in love with a Flyer’s fan. I took a sip of the drink I had in my hand.

“You really hurt her,” Geno’s voice was right next to me.

“I know,” I responded.

“Why?” he asked. The two of them are close. So close I thought he had a thing for her like I do. The one day I confronted him about it, I didn’t want to have to fight through two of my best friends to get to her. It turns out that he looks at Cheyenne as a little sister.

“I… I don’t know Geno. She brought up the concussions and I, uh, I don’t know,” I tried to explain. I really don’t know why I brought up her rape. She never deserved what happened. I remember when the hospital called Staal. We were at my house playing the new Call Of Duty game and he couldn’t drive, he was so pissed off. I drove him to the hospital she was at. To this day she doesn’t know that. She thinks Geno drove him to see her, but no… it was me. The one person she absolutely despises with her whole entire being, and I’m in love with her.

“You know broken Cheyenne after that,” Geno looked at me with a hurt look. I saw her, she was sleeping but I did see her. Seeing her like that… it absolutely broke my heart. She was broken and battered laying on that hospital hooked up to ivs. There were bruises all over her, along with blood.

“I know Geno! I fucking know! I was there, god damnit!” I yelled. Geno placed his hand on my arm.

“Ruined her, you did again.” he stood up and walked away shaking his hand. I set the glass on the table in front of me and walked towards the entrance of the club. I needed to get to the hotel and just be alone. Geno’s words saturated my mind and it was slowly driving me insane.

I walked down the streets towards the hotel. I don’t even know how long I was out drinking but I know it wasn’t long. As I saw the hotel in the distance, I could only think of her. I need to apologize to her. This isn’t our normal bickering that happens between us. This one was bad. I made her break down.

As I walked into the lobby, I smelled her perfume. She smelled like black cherry and vanilla. I took a deep breathe before walking towards the elevator.

Impatiently, I waited for the elevator to get to the ground floor so I could write her a letter. The ding broke me out of what I thought for her letter. I quickly got in and pressed the eighth level. I tapped my foot as the seconds passed. Once the elevator opened, I swiftly walked to my room. I was close to them. At least five or seven rooms away from Staal and Chey. She always stayed with him when she could. She would make trips out to see him. She is the absolute perfect hockey girlfriend. There is no doubt in how lucky Jordan is.

As I walked past their room and the vending machine area, I heard soft sobs. I backtracked and peered in. I saw Cheyenne sitting on the floor in the corner. I grabbed my wallet from my pocket and pulled out a five. I walked over to the candy machine, right in front of her, and pressed the buttons for two Kit Kats.

“I’m so sorry Chey,” I apologized.

“No you’re not,” she sniffled. I sat down next to her.

“I am,” I said as I quickly grabbed the Kit Kats from the slot and sat back down beside her.

“Why?” she asked looking up at me. Her eyes and cheeks were red and blotchy. Her eyes were swollen and her lips quivering.

“Because you never deserved what happened to you and you don’t deserve what I said,” I explained softly, “I don’t even know why I said you did.”

“My comment was low and I knew it,” she murmured.

“I deserved it,” I admitted. I did. No matter how much I loved her, I’ve treated her like shit because she hates me. “I’m sorry sweetheart. I’m so sorry that I’ve said all of the things I have. I know you hate me, and I don’t think anything I say will change your opinion of me, and even if it could I don’t think I would know what to say. Jordan is so lucky to have a girlfriend like you. Maybe I’m jealous, maybe I’m bitter. I really don’t know, but all I know is if he messes up… I’ll be there for you. Even if you do not want my help or comforting.” I stood up and gave her a Kit Kat and left with one for myself.

“Thank you Sidney,” her voice was quiet but soothing as I left the room to go to mine. I would let Jordan know how lucky he is tomorrow. I don’t even think he would wanna talk to me right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Thanksgiving to all of the American readers! (: I know I will be eating too much food tonight.
I would just like to say that I'm watching the Penguins Capitals 24/7 right now, and Disco Dan is too funny. Hahaha!

I'll be writing the third addition to this little saga I have going tonight and tomorrow, orrr Saturday, mayyybe Sunday. (: