Status: Stop trying to love me, you're only getting hurt- Leana (Complete)

Smother

What's your story?

She left at 2 in the afternoon with another pastel color haired girl, I think the color was Lavender or something like that. I’ve only seen once, or twice. She calls herself Candy, Leana calls her Sugarpop, and I don’t call her anything. The most I’ve said to her is 'hello, how are you'. She’s just as uncaring as the girl I love, I don’t need to associate with anymore people like her.

I get dressed in my coffee bean cafe shirt, black slacks and black vans for work. I grab my phone and keys and head out the door.

I drive to work in my silver 2002 Impala. At 3 I greet Peter at the cafe while putting on my smock and getting to my busboy duties. Peter's a cool guy I guess, I've known him for a few years, he's a good friend. He likes to drink and all of that, he used to party every night all night, but he's been doing a lot better with his girlfriend that he has been with, for I don't know how long, I just know it's been awhile.

When the café has closed, Peter and I are the ones to clear the tables before closing. He’s clearing the table beside me and decides to make small talk.

“How are you doing, what’ve you been up to?”

“Not much man, been doing alright I guess. What’s up with you?”

Peter collects the mugs and puts them into his black dish bin. “Ally and I just found out she’s pregnant.”

“Oh wow,” I stop what I’m doing and look over at him. “Congratulations Peter, when’d you find out?”

“Thanks, we found out yesterday.”

“Nervous yet?”

“Hell yeah, we start doctor appointments and all this other crap in like a week.”

It surprises me that, he’s only a year older than me, 20 and going to be a father in 9 or 8 months.

“Well, you’ll do good man, you’ve got Ally to keep you in line.”

He laughs a little and we get back to clearing more tables.

“How’s Leana?” he asks, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

He knows my situation with Leana. He knows I really like her, he knows she deals with everyone else, but me and he has tried to get me to move on, but I can't. He now only brings her up occasionally, in a way I guess to check on my dealings with her.

I sigh, busying myself, pretending to concentrate on not breaking the glasses.

“She’s. . . Leana, nothing’s changed.”

“Oh. I always wondered how the hell you two met each other. She’s so carefree and wild and you’re so well. . . You’re chill, but you’d rather stay home.”

I push a gust of air out of my nose, smiling a little, thinking of that day and shake my head.

“I’ll tell you when we close up, if you’re really that interested.”

That peaks his interest, Peter thinks it’s some awesome story, but really it’s not. I just don’t want to spend all night cleaning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll post another right after I post this one.

Thank you for subscribing! :)