Status: Stop trying to love me, you're only getting hurt- Leana (Complete)

Smother

Sober thoughts

I lay in bed with sleeping Leana. All I hear is the quiet whisper of her breath going in and out, passing out of her slightly parted pale pink chapped lips. She nearly blends in with my sheets; she’s so white, until you get to certain parts of her body.

The sheet is wrapped around right underneath her midriff and just a bit above her thighs and the sheet trails down underneath her feet, everything else is uncovered. As I grab the white comforter to cover her body my eyes rake over her body.

There are brown and red blotches around her thighs. Around her collar bone is bruised and I notice the darkness under eyes, like she hasn’t slept in ages.

I sigh and get up to pour some water into a clear glass. I sip some water and then go to the living room and flip through the channels with the black remote. Nothing really interests me, besides the weather. It’s getting cold; the high will be 42 degrees tomorrow.

I hear movement in the back of the apartment, but I don’t bother getting up. I drink the rest of my water, put the glass on the white wooden coffee table, sit back in the couch and stare at the TV, not really registering the information.

“Jett,” a soft quiet voice speaks.

I blink and look over to see Leana, standing there looking tired. Her hair’s pulled all onto her left shoulder and she’s dressed only in a too big red sweater. She looks perfect to me.

“Yeah, what’s wrong?” I ask.

She gives me a small smile and shakes her head.

“I’m just cold.”

“Why’d you get out of bed?”

“I need you to keep me warm. You know I don’t like being in bed alone.”

I know this all too well. She needs to be in bed with someone else, or else she won’t lay down for long. If I get up, she’ll get up soon after, even if she’s deep in slumber.

I smirk, flip the TV off and walk over to her, grab her cold little hand we walk back into my room. She climbs into bed first, I lay down next to her and she cuddles close to me. Leana presses her chapped lips gently against mine and I kiss her back, my hand tangling in her hair. Then she pulls back to look in my eyes, licks her lips and closes her eyes.

She snakes her hand down my arm to find my hand and holds it loosely.

I watch her lips move ever so slightly and I would have been mistaken if I wasn’t close to her to hear what she said.

“I love you,” she says.

It’s the first time Ana’s has said it while sober.