Till Death Do Us Part

Not So Sweet Revenge

The rain was falling heavier with every passing minute.
Pete Stump could hear it hitting the white wash walls of his cell, the cell where he was to spend the next twenty years for attempted murder.
He felt no remorse for what he had done to Meg, for very nearly killing her. He felt emotionless.
He was pure evil...
He heard someone tap on his cell door then a policeman say, “Stump! Your psychiatrist is here to see you!”
Psychiatrist? Pete thought to himself. He didn’t know he had a psychiatrist.
Then the door opened and a young man entered.
He had longish raven black hair, pale skin and was wearing a long black coat which was slightly bulky as if he had something underneath it.
The door closed with a thud, leaving just Pete and the young man in the cell.
The young ma stared at Pete, trying to figure him out.
“Are you going to talk to me then or are you just going to stand there?” Pete asked sarcastically.
“Oh, don’t worry. I have things planned for you.” The young man smirked, and then slowly pulled out whatever he had hiding up his coat.
“Who are you?” Pete whispered, froze in fear at the huge knife.
“You don’t need to know. All you need to worry about is what I plan to do with this knife...”

Bob braked sharply outside the police station, his tyres skidding on the puddle soaked ground.
He got out of his car and ran into the station.
“Hello sir, may I ask what you are looking for?” The policewoman behind the counter asked.
“Hi, I’m looking for a man around the same height and age as me, longish black hair. Goes by the name of Gerard Way...” Bob asked politely.
“Do you mean Dr Way, Mr Stumps’ psychiatrist?” The woman asked.
“Yes!” Bob exclaimed, relieved that he was here and was easy to get to.
“He’s currently talking to Mr Stump in cell 6.” The woman said.
“You see,” Bob began “I’m a psychiatrist too and Mr Way just called me up as he needs help with Mr Stump. I’m a colleague of Dr Way.” Bob lied.
The policewoman fell for it though, she let Bob straight through.
Little did the woman know that she had probably made the worst mistake in her life...

Meanwhile back in cell 6 Gerard was standing in front of Pete, ready to get revenge and kill Pete for hurting the love of his life.
“Please don’t do this...” Pete begged. He was genuinely scared.
“It’s too late for begging...” Gerard muttered.
Then he raised the knife whilst Pete braced himself for his death...
But Gerard interrupted by the fact that the cell door swung open followed by Bob walking in.
Gerard was so shocked by the surprise of Bob appearing that he dropped the knife.
The knife that was supposed to kill Pete was dropped to the floor with a loud clatter... leaving it free for Pete to swipe down and pick it up.
“GERARD! WATCH OUT!” Bob screamed...
But it was too late.
Pete sank the knife straight into Gerard’s chest.
“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” Bob yelled, as he watched his best friend sink down to the floor, his life cruelly snatched away from him.
Bob ran over to where Gerard was lying.
“Gerard...” Bob whispered, tears falling down his cheeks.
“Bob...” Gerard said so quietly that Bob struggled to hear him.
“Please, I’m so sorry, I was so mean to you about Meg, I’m so sorry, please don’t leave me...” Bob sobbed, then pulled the knife out, not realising that his fingerprints would be all over it.
Gerard had gone, his heart had stopped.
Bob sobbed harder, rocking Gerard’s blood soaked body in his arms.
Pete meanwhile realised that he was going to have to do extra time for murdering someone, so grabbed the bloods soaked knife.
He cut himself across the stomach, not too deep so it wouldn’t’ do any damage, and then threw the knife at the floor near Bob.
‘When the police see that kid’s body and my wound, it’s going to look like that other guy did it, especially as he touched it...’ Pete thought to himself smugly.
“Oh my God...”
“Oh my God, it’s Gerard!”
“He can’t be dead...”
Bob’s head shot up to see the stunned and horrified expressions of Mikey, Ray, Meg and Frank in the doorway followed by two policemen.
Their eyes darted from the blood covered body of their best friend to a wounded Pete in the corner. The only who wasn’t injured was Bob. It was obvious who it looked like had done it. Especially as he had a knife right next to him.
“Bob,” Meg whispered, “What have you done...?”