Till Death Do Us Part

The Aftermath

The woman was sobbing uncontrollably, but however many tears she wept, no amount in the world was going to bring her son back.
Her husband hugged her tight trying to be strong for his wife, but he struggled to hold the tears back.
They stood there for minutes, just hugging and crying.
However they were interrupted by a gentle knock at the door and in walked a teenage boy.
He wasn’t crying. His eyes seemed empty as if all the life had gone out of them.
“Oh Mikey,” The woman wept and ushered him over.
Mikey shuffled over to his parents as his mom hugged him tightly, as if she was petrified that he would disappear forever.
Just like Gerard.

“You don’t even have your licence!” The woman who was driving the car yelled.
She was so angry that it was a wonder she didn’t crash the car she was driving.
“I can’t believe you decided to drive it and dented the entire left side!” She yelled louder, darting the oncoming traffic.
If the boys in the back of the car weren’t in so much shock they would laughed at how angry the woman was. But both of them felt as if they would never laugh or smile again.
“Sometimes Frank, I wonder what planet you live on.” The woman sighed.
That was it; Frank couldn’t hold it any longer. He felt a tear slide down his cheek.
One of his best friends had been murdered by one of his other best friends (well that’s what Frank thought) and all his mom could think about was the damage that Frank had done to Mikey’s dad’s car.
The boy who was sitting next to him was Ray (Frank’s mom was taking him back home). He noticed that Frank was crying so slid him a tissue.
Frank’s mom heard someone blow their nose so looked through the mirror at the front of the car and saw her son crying.
“Oh Frankie,” She said softly changing from angry to all concerned in the matter of two seconds. “Everything’s going to be OK.”
“Yeah right,” Frank thought to himself miserably.

“Can you please leave my daughter alone now? She’s had a very traumatic day.” Meg’s mother told the police who had just been asking Meg questions about Gerard and Bob.
So that’s why as soon as soon as the police left Meg burst into tears.
“Oh Meg baby, don’t cry.” Meg’s mom said then gave her a hug.
Meg was back in the hospital. Her parents and the doctors had been mad at her for leaving when she was still in a bad way, so she had to go back in as everything that had happened that day had made her worse.
“He’s dead mom. Dead. I’m never going to see him again.” Meg sobbed.
Her mom didn’t say anything; she just stroked her hair, trying to calm her down.
“And worse still,” She continued. “Bob did it... Bob killed Gerard!” Meg wailed, crying so hard that she was struggling to breath.
“I know it’s awful... but you still have other friends.” Her mom said as if she was retarded.
Didn’t she understand? Meg’s best friend had been MURDERED. Gerard had been KILLED by Bob.
How were things ever going to be the same?
And another thing...
“Mom you don’t get it,” Meg whispered sniffling heavily.
“What don’t I get?” Her mom asked dumbly.
“Gerard...”
“What about him?”
“I loved him.”

The room was freezing. The only light that came in was from the small window was so high up that there was no way of escaping from it.
The room consisted of a very hard bed, a table, a toilet and a sink.
It wasn’t any ordinary room though.
It was a cell.
Where Bob would be spending the rest of his life for something he didn’t do.
He sat hunched up on the rock hard beg holding his knees and rocked backward and forwards.
He was crying, but silently. Tears were streaming down his face but he didn’t make a sound. He didn’t want the other prisoners to heat him sobbing, and then beat him up later on for being a girl.
If only he hadn’t of gone running into the cell he wouldn’t have scared Gerard so that he wouldn’t have dropped the knife, so Pete wouldn’t have got the knife and.... and...
It was no use.
Bob fell back onto the bed and cried so long and so hard that it was a wonder the whole prison couldn’t hear him.
“This is just a bad dream... it’s just a bad dream...” Bob whispered to himself, hoping that this whole day had been a nightmare and he would wake up in his bedroom.
Unfortunately for him, it was a frightening reality.