Till Death Do Us Part

Missing

Gerard sat on his bedroom windowsill; his head pressed against the cold glass of the window and watched the rain fall heavily outside. The black weather matched his black mood perfectly.
Mikey was downstairs in the living room half watching TV, half writing his speech he was going to make at Morris’ funeral which he had decided to hold in the garden and was going to bury Morris in a shoebox.
Ray and Frank were hanging out at Rays’ house where they were listening to music and playing their guitars.
Bob was standing under a shop doorway to shelter himself from the rain and was holding his mobile in his hand, willing her to answer his calls…

*Mikey’s POV*
“Hello?” I said answering the ringing phone. I had just been writing my speech for Morris’ funeral when the phone suddenly stated ringing. I thought that it would be probably be Frank or Ray or Bob.
“Hello, this is Meg’s mother. Is that Gerard?” Meg’s mom said.
“No, it’s Mikey. Do you want to speak to him?” I asked. Did Meg’s mom know about what had happened between Meg and Gee?
“Can you just ask him if he knows where Meg is? She hasn’t come home. We think she’s gone missing.”
Ok….
“GERARD! GET DOWN HERE NOW!”

*Gerard’s POV*
“What?” I asked Mikey wondering why he yelled so loudly. He was standing up looking really edgy and had the phone in his hand.
“Meg’s mom just called.” He mumbled.
“Meg’s mom?” Just mentioning her name made my stomach do this weird flipping over thing. To be honest I really missed her, I wanted to talk to her and make up-
“She’s gone missing.”
Oh. My. God.
It’s all my fault…

*Bob’s POV*
I was standing under a shop doorway, my mobile in my hand waiting for Meg to answer my messages. I needed to see her, I needed to tell her the tru- My mobile, it began to ring! Please be Meg, please be Meg…
“Bob? It’s me, Gerard.”
Oh.
“Hi, you alright?” I asked him.
“No, it’s Meg. She’s gone missing.”
I didn’t reply, I was in too much shock.
“You’re the only one with a car. Will you come and pick me and Mikey and everyone so we can look for her?” He asked.
“Sure,” I croaked, and then I hung up and walked to my car.
I needed to find her.
Meg, where are you?

*Frank’s POV*
“Ray, they’re here!” I said as Bob, Gerard and Mikey pulled up outside.
I couldn’t believe that Meg was missing… I mean I didn’t like her that much but it was scary knowing that she was out there by herself and hadn’t told anyone where she was going. Poor Gerard, I bet he was worried sick about her…
Me and Ray got into the car and sat in the back with Mikey.
We started to drive around all our favourite places like the diner where Gee and Mikey’s mom worked and the park.
“Does anyone have any idea why she’s gone off?” Ray asked.
I didn’t as I had as I had as little to do with her as possible, Bob shrugged behind the wheel but I noticed Mikey and Gerard didn’t reply.
I nudged Mikey who was next to me and said, “Do you know why she might have gone off?”
Gerard shot his head round from his the front passenger seat and gave Mikey a warning look.
“Do you know?” I asked Gerard as he definitely looked guilty.


*Gerard’s POV*
What was I supposed to say? Only Mikey knew about what had happened between me and Meg and I wanted to keep it that way. Although I was feeling really guilty about Meg’s disappearance as if us kissing had something to do with her running off.
Bob, Frank and Ray all stared at me waiting for an answer.
“Me and Meg made out at dinner then she went off. I don’t know if that has anything to do with her running off, but it happened and she wasn’t very impressed about it,” I blurted out as quickly as possible.
Ray looked shocked.
Frank burst out laughing and said to Mikey, “See? I told you they were having it off!”
And Bob… well Bob looked angry. Weird.
“Frank! They didn’t sleep together!” Mikey said to Frank who was nearly wetting himself laughing.
“Come on, let’s make sure we find her…” Ray said as we sped off, leaving me feeling guiltier than ever and wandering why Bob was being weird.