Till Death Do Us Part

Not So Good News

It had been two long hours since the boys had gone looking for Meg, but they still hadn’t given up.
But as time went on, their hope started to fade. Until Meg called them herself, it looked as if they had no chance of finding her before the night was over.
It was around 10pm, but none of them felt like going to their own homes. So they all decided to crash at Mikey and Gerard’s place because their parents were working the graveyard shift.
The five of them all squashed into the living room. Gerard and Frank were on either ends of the sofa, Mikey and Bob were on the two armchairs and Ray was on a blow up mattress on the floor.
They tried to talk about normal stuff but the conversation always kept going back to where Meg was/Meg and Gerard making out.
And it had just happened again…

“So she was like properly lying down?” Frank grinned mischievously.
“Yes, for the hundredth time.” Gerard sighed.
“And you were on top of her?”
“Yes, for the hundredth and fourteenth time.”
“And you used tongues?”
“YES!”
Then Gerard hurled a pillow at Frankie’s head but Frank just cackled. Gerard was like Mikey, he was just too easy to wind up.
“Anyway,” Ray said ignoring Frank who was laughing so hard he was going to wee himself.
“Do you think that was why she ran off?”
Gerard shrugged.
“I wouldn’t put it past her, you know what a drama queen she can be.”
“I was thinking that, I think she’s overreacting a bit if she thinks she can run away, just because she snogged her best friend.” Mikey said his mouth full of popcorn.
Ray and Frank (who had managed to calm down) nodded with Mikey. How could she get away with running off and acting like a little kid? Gerard hadn’t acted like a complete baby about it, so what was so different for her?
Bob disagreed though, “I think you’re all being really unfair about Meg. You can’t exactly blame the girl for going off when her best friend suddenly starts making out with her. I bet it confused her to death!”
“Hey!” Gerard said, “I wasn’t the one who started the kiss. We both started it. It just happened! I didn’t exactly go into thinking ‘oh I’ll see how far I can get with Meg today’. It was an accident!”
“Oh, I bet it was!” Bob said sarcastically.
Gerard just stared at him in shock. Why was Bob being so weird?
Unless…
“Do you like Meg or something?” Gerard asked him accusingly.
Meanwhile Frank, Mikey and Ray just stared from Gerard to Bob like they watching a tennis match.
“Well?” Gerard asked.
Bob opened and closed his mouth in shock and anger.
“I-“
RIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!!
Only he was interrupted by the fact that the phone started to ring.
Frank was closest to the phone so he answered it.
“Hello, er… Gerard and Mikey’s… er… house.”
Mikey sniggered at that so Frank shrugged and mouthed ‘what was I supposed to say?’ then threw some popcorn at his head and missed.
Frank went quiet while whoever was the other end of the line spoke.
Then he went as white as a ghost.
“OK, I’ll let them now. We’ll be round soon.” He muttered then put down the phone.
“Who was it?” Mikey asked, he had stopped laughing as soon as he had seen how worried Frank looked.
“It was the police. They’ve found Meg.” Frankie muttered.
Everyone (apart from Frank) smiled with relief and began asking where she was and how she was etc.
“But, she’s not in a good way.” Frank mumbled.
“Why? What’s happened to her?” Gerard asked frantically, his grin being replaced with a worried expression.
“She’s been stabbed.”