Till Death Do Us Part

As Clouds Shade The Sun

Gerard opened his eyes slowly, his eyes getting used to the sunlight that was pouring through his bedroom window.
He yawned and pulled himself off the bed. His legs were killing him as he had spent all if the night before running around the city, trying to find Meg. He and Mikey hadn’t got back home from the hospital till 4am, so he was still really tired. He had to get up though.
He had a job to do.

“Mom! I’m just going to see how Meg’s getting on!” Gerard yelled as he pulled on his coat and headed for the door.
“Alright, I might have to go into work again so don’t be surprised if I’m not in when you get back. Oh and tell Meg that I’m thinking of her!” His mom yelled from upstairs where she was vacuuming.
Gerard walked towards the door then turned around and walked back down the hallway.
The vacuum was so loud that Gerard’s mom couldn’t hear her son sneak into the kitchen and pull out the kitchen drawer, grabbing the biggest craving knife he could find.
After all, he didn’t want his mother to know what he was getting up to...
He got the knife and wrapped it in a kitchen towel then put the package under his coat, and then he walked along the hall and through the front door.
Gerard smirked as he walked out into the morning sunshine. With his mom thinking he was visiting Meg, she wouldn’t even consider what he was actually getting up to.
‘Because if she did’, Gerard thought to himself, ‘I would be SO grounded.’

*Four hours later *

Mikey was worried. His older bro had gone off without him and Gerard ALWAYS told Mikey where he was going, even if Mikey wasn’t invited.
“Yo, Mom! Any idea where G is?” Mikey asked his mother who was heading out to work.
His mom gave him a warning look.
“Michael, talk to me properly and I’ll think about telling you where your brother is.” She said sternly as she put on her coat and scarf.
The sunshine that had been out earlier had been replaced with big ugly rain clouds. It looked really dark outside, even though now it was only early afternoon.
Mikey sighed and rolled his eyes. He hated it when his mom called him Michael.
“Do you know where Gerard is?” Mikey asked again.
“He went to visit Meg, see you later; I’m going to be late for work.” His mom said then kissed him on the cheek and left in the matter of a second.
Mikey stood alone in the hallway.
He didn’t know whether to believe that G was at the hospital with Meg. He just had the strangest feeling that Gerard was up to something.
So he pulled his mobile out his pocket and called Ray. As he knew for a fact that Bob and Ray were at the hospital and had been there since ten that morning. If Gerard was there or had been there, they would know.

*The conversation is in a script so that it’s easier to read*

Ray: Hello?
Mikey: Hi, it’s Mikey.
Ray (talks to Bob in background): It’s Mikey
Bob (sounding really depressed): Oh, hi Mikey
Ray: So, what’s up?
Mikey: Has Gerard – (Gets interrupted by Ray)
Ray: Sorry dude, just putting you on loudspeaker so Bob and Meg can hear the conversation.
Mikey: Anyw- (Gets interrupted again)
Meg: Hi Mikey!!!!!
Mikey: Hi, anyway... Has Gerard been around the hospital today?
Ray: Nah, sorry dude. Did he say he was popping in?
Meg: He told me last night he would come and see me.
Bob: I’m going to get a coffee...
(Leaves room after hearing Meg mentioning ’last night’ as it’s too painful for him to think about.)
Ray: What’s up with him?
Meg: Dunno, he’s been weird all morning.
(Meg and Ray forget that they are supposed to be talking over the phone to Mikey and begin their own conversation.)
Mikey: Er, HELLO??? I’m still here you know!
Ray: Oh yeah! Ha ha! So why do you want to know where Gerard is?
Mikey: Because I think he’s up to something. He went off without telling me and told mom that he was going to the hospital, where he isn’t so he is obviously hiding something.
Ray: Mmmm... that’s strange. That’s strange isn’t it Meg?
Meg: That’s strange.
(Meg and Ray are taking the whole situation as a joke as they don’t see why Mikey’s so worried.)
Mikey: Oh no... Please don’t say he has...
(Mikey has just walked into the kitchen to get something to eat when he noticed that the kitchen drawer was open and the largest knife that is usually there has gone.)
Ray and Meg: What? What’s the matter?
Mikey: Meg? This is important. Is the guy who stabbed you still in custody at the station?
Meg: Yeah, he’s staying there until tomorrow my mom said.
Mikey: Do you know the guys name?
Meg: It’s Pete. Pete Stump.
Ray: I don’t get it, what’s going on?
Mikey: Ray, get Bob and come and pick me up in is car.
Ray: Why? What’s the guy who stabbed Meg got to do with anything?
(There’s a small silence as Mikey prepares himself to answer.)
Mikey: I think Gerard wants revenge.
Ray and Meg: What? How?
Mikey: He’s going to kill Pete.

Then suddenly a storm erupted outside and with a deafening boom of thunder and a blinding strike of lightning, Mikey lost all reception on his phone.
“Oh God, Gerard,” Mikey said to himself. “Don’t do this...”