Till Death Do Us Part

The Storm

Ten minutes later the storm was still brewing when Bob and Ray pulled up outside Mikey’s house, the rain pelting down like little knives on their faces.
Mikey had already seen them coming so ran out the house and down the driveway.
“QUICK GET IN!” Ray yelled to Mikey. They had to shout as they could barely hear each other over the racket that the rain was making on the tarmac of the ground.
Mikey dove into the warm and dryness of the car, thinking that Bob would speed off in hope of reaching Gerard before he did something he would regret (killing Pete.)
However Ray and Mikey were stunned when Bob said in a low, slow voice, “Get out.”
“What?” Ray asked in disbelief.
“Shut up Bob and put you foot down. We need to get to Gerard. He could have killed Pete already, we need to stop him!” Mikey wailed, annoyed at Bob for being so awkward and not helping in any way.
“I said get out of the car. I’ll go and find Gerard. There’s something I have to do with him.”
Mikey and Ray just stared at him in shock.
“GET OUT!”
Then Bob did something so un-Bob like that he shocked himself. He pushed Mikey out the car so he fell onto the pavement, into the poring rain.
So Ray jumped out of the car to make sure Mikey was OK, giving Bob the chance to slam the door shut and speed off in the rain.
“What the f-“Ray went to mutter but was interrupted by Mikey jumping onto his feet and yelling, “MEG... FRANK?”
Ray shot his head into the direction of where Mikey was yelling and pointing to see the figures of Meg (who was still in a hospital gown with a coat on top) and Frank coming down the road through the rain.
“What are you doing out of hospital?” Mikey yelled in a freakishly high pitched voice because he was so hysterical about everything that was going on.
“Well I wasn’t going to lie about in a hospital bed and do nothing while Gerard is probably the worst mistake of his life! I escaped and knew that Frank’s house is closest to the hospital, so I told him what was going on and he insisted with coming with me to you two.” Meg yelled above the rain.
“Ray, is it true? Is Gerard going to kill that Pete dude?” Frank asked worriedly, the rain making his fringe stick to his forehead.
“We think so, but it’s got worse. Bob was supposed to take us to the station to stop Gerard but he told us that ‘he had something to do with Gerard’, then pushed me out of the car!” Mikey wailed.
Frank and Meg looked as if they couldn’t quite believe what was going on.
“Well we obviously need to get there and stop G from murdering Pete and see what Bob meant by what he wanted to do to Gerard... but how?” Ray said frantically, running his hands through his dripping wet ‘fro.
There was a short silence as I thought how they could get there, as none of them had got their driver’s licence.
The only person who could drive was Frank but he hadn’t got his licence. Let’s just say running over your driving instructor, isn’t the best way to pass the test...
Then everybody stared at Frank through the rain.
“What? Me? Oh, God no! Remember what happened last time I drove? The poor woman had to have counselling as she couldn’t trust anybody behind the wheel!” Frank yelled.
“Oh, come on Frank!” Meg sighed. “It isn’t that far! We need to get there and stop Gerard from murdering someone and getting life for it!” Meg said sternly, staring at Frank.
Mikey and Ray began to stare at Frankie to freak him out so that he would agree to drive.
It worked.
“OK, OK! I’ll do it, just stop staring at me!” Frank sighed, as Ray and Mikey smirked smugly.
“What car am I going to drive?” Frank asked.
“You can take my dad’s.” Mikey said automatically, then ran into the house and grabbed the car keys.
He prayed to himself that his dad wouldn’t find out, because if he did Mikey would be dead.
Frank took the keys and everyone jumped in, finally getting out of the storm that was still raging.
“OK, if we crash don’t blame me. I TOLD you I wasn’t a good driver. The blame is entirely on you lot.” Frank said to Ray, Mikey and Meg.
“Whatever just start the car!” Ray said.
Frank took a deep breath, knowing that he would probably end up killing himself and his friends.
“Here goes nothing,” Frank muttered and turned the engine on.
Then he reversed out the driveway at full speed.
“Let’s just hope we get there in time...” Mikey muttered his head leant against the rain splattered window, feeling sick with worry about his big brother.
But with the way Frankie was driving it looked like they would be dead before Gerard had even set eyes on Pete.