Status: Working progress

Pretty Little Messed up Head of Yours

Last night I told you I loved you, woke up and blamed it on the vodka

I woke up with my head against Alex's chest and my body on the sand.

I had to stop for a second to remember the previous nights events, I hesitated sitting up as I realized everything I had told him.

Not only had I given him important pieces of information about myself, but I had also allowed him to see me cry.

I'm such a cretin.

Shit, where are Billie and Jack? Also, how the fuck did we afford all that alcohol last night. And, lastly, what's going to happen when we get back? Why do I never think stupid plans like this through, why on earth did I agree to come out last night.

Alex began to stir in his sleep, then seconds later his eyes were fluttering open and he was sitting up, a lazy smirk strewn across his face.

"Why are you smirking?" I said, running a hand through my messy brown hair.

"You told me something last night", I cringed, I knew he would use it against me. Why did I even think for one second he was different?

"You told me you loved me, and not just in the friend way" ok, I do not remember that happening. I remember me going into great detail about why I was in the ward, but I do not recall me telling him I loved him.

I pinched his cheek, "awh, it's a shame I was drunk, huh?" I said in a mocking voice.

He slapped my hand away, "suuuuure".

"I'm being serious!" I said honestly.

"I believe you" he nodded sarcastically, the bastard.

He glared at him, "fuck you".

"Hmm maybe later" he mused.

"Alex!"

"You're right,nows better".

I slapped his arm then made the foolish mistake of looking into his eye afterwards.

"We should probably go find Billie if we wanna go back to the ward" he mumbled, still not moving his gaze from mine.

"Y-yeah" I said, breaking the intense staring contest we appeared to be having.

"Hey, Char?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for uh telling me why you were in....it kinda made me feel good", I raised an eyebrow and he put his hands out in defensive.

"No, no-no, I don't mean I felt good because of what happened, I mean I feel good because you trusted me...wow I'm gonna shut up now" I giggled.

"You're cute when you're nervous" I muttered standing up.

"Well I almost basically said I was happy because you got hurt, that's not a great way start a conversation now is it?" I hummed in agreement.

"So, anyways, you think I'm cute?" He said, the sly smirk reappearing on his smug face.

I rolled my eyes, "oh just be quiet and get your ass up, we got a 40 year old to find".

"You loooove me" he sand in my ear after standing up, I playfully slapped him away.

"Blame the vodka, dude"

"Or I could blame you....oh, wait, I can't cause I mean, it is pretty hard to resist this" he said, gesturing to himself.

"Yeah, I can hardly help myself right now" I said sarcastically, pulling him over to begin our journey back to the club.

"I get that alot" he nodded, trying to make it sound casual.

"If you don't shut up I'm gonna shove my foot so-"

"Far up my ass I'll be able to taste it. I know the drill" he mumbled, stumbling along side me.

"Why does no one ever let me finish?"

I saw a smirk start to appear on his lips, so I chimed in before he could make some dirty comment.

"Why did I have to befriend such a dirty minded fuckface?" I whined, he laughed.

"Fuckface, that's new"

"Not for long" I said.

"You gonna start calling me it?" I nodded.

"Well then, you need a nickname too"

I sighed, "here we go".

"I got it!" He said, smiling.

I rolled my eyes, "care to share with the class?".

"Hobbit" he mused, I raised an eyebrow.

"Hobbit?" I repeated a little louder.

"Yeah, hobbit, cause you're short" he laughed.

"Do I have a sign on my forehead that says 'hobbit' or something?" I asked.

"What?" He said, not understanding what I meant.

"That's what Liberty used to call me"

"Oh...look...I'm uh sorry" he apologized, I shook my head. Liberty was my friend that committed, he obviously thought any mention of her would make me sad, when in reality it was quite the opposite.

"No, no, it's fine, I swear. I don't mind talking about her or anything....you can call me it if you want" I shrugged.

"Just as long as I still get to call you 'fuckface'" I badgined, he grinned as we started walking up the path that led us up out of the beach.

"Deal".

A/N- most of chapters are short, I know, sorry. Also, credit for the nickname 'hobbit' goes to this guy from my school, he started calling me it, therefor making it my official nickname. I get called it off of practically everyone, but it's okay, cause hobbits are rad. So yeah, Charlie and I now share the same nickname. Interesting little fact for y'all.
Omfg I mentioned LOTR in the last chapter too.....I must seem like some creepy obsessed strange child. Not that I am or anything, pfft.

I'm going to leave now.

-holly xo