Life Happens

Nobody Has to Know

Kiernan took a few steps back and I stepped forward.

"No! You can’t be!" he howled. I shushed him and brought him back over to the picnic table. I sat across from him.

"No one has to find out about this monster." I spoke to him as I leaned in. I didn’t want anyone else listening in on our conversation.

"How many weeks are you?" he asked me staring at the ultrasound. I shrugged and tapped my nails on the table.

"I don’t know maybe six or seven weeks at most ten weeks along, I go to the doctor again next Wednesday." I stated as I placed my thumb nail in my mouth. I chewed on it softly until it cracked off and I spit the nail on the ground. He nodded and he took my hands in his and he kissed them softly.

"Nola I think we need to take a break.” He whispered letting go of my hands. I felt my eyes well up with tears and I stood up from the table.

“So you’re going to make me take all of the blame for this?” I inquired as I placed on hand on my belly. He shook his head no and then knocked my hand off of my stomach.

“Don’t do that! You mean to tell me you have some special connection with this baby?” he asked stepping close to me pulling me into his body for a hug. I had to think a moment. Did I honestly feel something for this entity growing inside of me? I didn’t think I did. At least not until this point, I figured my boyfriend would at least be with me, but I can see now that I am on my own.

“I guess I do kind of love this creature living inside of me.” I spoke as I pushed him backwards. He stumbled and then he nodded.

“Well, I wish you the best of luck then” he declared before turning and leaving in the park alone. I watched him walk down the street and I felt a tear trickle down my cheek and I put my hand on my cheek and wiped the tear away.

“Fuck you too then.” I mumbled as I walked towards my house. Everything in my heart ached. I was angered by his decision, but part of me understood why he wanted to leave. I unlocked the door and my mother was there waiting to bombard me with questions.

"Where did you two go?" she asked playing with my hair. I brushed her hand away.

"To the park. Please just leave me alone." I retorted before walking up the stairs. She gaped at me and then went on with her business. I blew out a sigh as I flopped on my bed. I began thinking what our lives would’ve been like. I became angry knowing that my life would come to an end so early because I had to take care of this mutant inside of me. I wanted to go to law school and become a famous lawyer. I have the grades for it. I know I can do anything I put my mind to. I walked over to my drawer and pick out a pair of shorts and a tank top. I walked into the bathroom shutting and locking the door behind me. I let the hot water run over my body for a long time before actually washing up. Once I was finished I got dressed, I pulled my hair into a pony tail and I walked back into my room. I plugged my phone into the charger and I checked my text messages. I had one for Kiernan.

No one has to know....right?

I smiled and pondered on what to say to him.

I won’t tell if you won’t

It took him no time to reply, and his reply brought tears to my eyes.

If you feel some sort of connection with this thing, then it must mean something right? Nola, let's give this parenting thing a shot.

I nodded slowly. I put on my hoodie and my flip flops. I put my phone charger into my backpack and I locked my bed room door. I opened the window and I used the fire escape to leave my room. I texted Kiernan and told him I was on my way over to see him. I didn’t want to be anywhere else but in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter is done!

I think I want this story to be about seven to ten chapters long.

That's all for now! Keep reading (: