Ignacio

Chapter 1

I was born on August the first 1654. My name is Ignacio. I'm a short boy with dark brown hair and golden eyes. All of my clothes are ripped. Right now the year is August 1664, my birthday.

I wake up to the smell of bread cooking. I wipe my eyes and slowly stand up off the floor so my brothers will not wake up. My mother sees me enter the kitchen. She is cooking bread on top of our tin can with a small fire inside of the can. Mother whispers to me, "Silence Ignacio, for your brother and sisters are sleeping."

I am the oldest of my siblings. The others are named Roberto, Antonio, Carla, and Sisciliene. "Good morning Moma," I say to her. I walk over to the window, which is our exit, and look outside. Living poor is one thing, but living poor and running away from the guards is another. It's very hard to keep on the down low. Good thing we found this cargo storage where the town keeps their empty boxes to fill and board a Cargo Ship.

Out in the early foggy morning I see shadows appear off in the distance slowly moving towards us. I try looking closer. All of a sudden, I see guards in armor marching in our direction. I quickly run over to mother and scream, "The guards are here Moma! They came for us!" I tug on her shirt to pull her near the window.

She raises her head to look out the window. Her eyes widen as she scramble to wake the other children. The children hurriedly dress in their beat up clothes. Then she slides a bookcase to the right and unblocks a hidden passage, and she pushes us through and quickly closes it."

We sprint through the spooky passage until we came to a torch. I pick it up and we head off again. It was a few minutes of running until we hit a dead end. It was a death pit that has a fifty feet drop and spikes at the bottom. Lucky me though, there is a rope hanging from the rocky roof and I'm good at the skill of agility. I hand the torch to Roberto, and I take few steps back. I take a deep breath and run forward. I keep through the air and feel my hands burn as the grab a hold to the rope. I swing back and forth till I let go and land on the other side. I pull a lever and a bridges becomes accessible. We run for another few minutes. I help my siblings up a wall, and they exit. I jump up and exit too. We start to sprint. Away from our home. I look back but don't stop. My whole house is on fire.