Ignacio

Chapter 2

It has been 11 years and it is now 1675. It's only Roberto and me together now. My sisters and my other brother have left us to rot in a jail cell for stealing money.

"The dirty rats!" I spat out in my cell. Roberto hears me and says, "It's not like they have money to help bail us out."

"Ha! Even if they did, they wouldn't."

"Now brother don't say that. You know they still love us."

"If they love us then they would have at the least help us escape."

"Then we would both be in jail."

"Not if they succeeded."

Roberto stops arguing and lays on his bed. He sighs and slowly falls asleep. Since we don't know what time it is due to no windows in our cell our schedule of sleeping is jacked up. Roberto starts to snore loudly.

I walk over to the wall where right on the other side he is laying. I bang on the wall screaming, "Hey! Shut your mouth over there." His snoring stops then resumes. "Ugh, sometimes I think you just do it to piss me off." I walk over to my mirror. My hair looks like a mad man and my beard is down to my shoulders. We have been in this jail for five years.

I punch the mirror to break it, and I hear a door open from above. "Shut up down there useless scumbags!" I hear a guard scream. I feel a slimy liquid dripping off my hand, and I look down at it. Blood was slowly crawling off my hand to the floor. The blood doesn't soak into floor but just stands there idol. The dirt dancing inside each droplet.

I grab a piece of broken mirror and slide it into my sleeve. I grab another and hide it in my hands. I smile at the million thoughts that run through my mind. I start to mumble to myself.

Roberto wakes up and ask, "Are you ok brother."

"Yes, I am Roberto. Because I have the perfect plan to escape."

I slide over to the wall. I start to whisper to the wall. After I finish, it takes a minute for him to respond. He knocks once on the wall letting me know he agrees and understands. I fall down onto my bed and slept for a full nine hours for the first time in five years.