Ignacio

Chapter 3

I wake up next morning feeling groggy. I pick up the two shards of glass I dropped on the ground and made sure they were sharp. I bend over the sink and wash my face with the dirty water. I knock on the wall and yell, "Roberto! Get your ass up." There beyond the wall a strange voice replies, "If your talking about the person whom was in this cell before, the guards hanged him last night." My eyes grew wide from the shocking truth, but I could not cry for him. I don't know why, but I did not feel sad at all. Not to say I felt happy.

I sit on the lonely, cold wall in the back of my cell.As I hear the doors open, I slide the glass up my sleeves. I kept it tight enough to where it won't fall out but loose enough so it won't cut me.

The guard walks up to my cage and unlocks it. I calmly walk out and follow him. We walk down this long narrow hallway that all the evil people like me are locked in for death. I look at the sad people as I walk by. We started to walk up to a second guard. He pulls out his key. Before that key even reached the door I slit his throat by throwing glass at him. I turn around and shove the other piece into the other guards mouth and smash it into tinier pieces. I then snap his neck.

I take all the keys and a dagger from one of them. I go around unlocking every cell. We all burst through the door. The guards started killing them as fast as possible. As the evil men, or as I like to say "Straglers", fall down and die, I found my way out by sneaking.

I ran around the city trying to find the north gate. I climb up onto a chapel and search for the gate. I jump off and land in a bale of hay. I sprint to my right and push people out of the way. I get to the North Gate but guards surrounded it. I tap on one man's shoulder and whisper, " Those five men were talking about raping your wife."

He walks over there and hits them in the face. This caused a distraction to the guards. Long enough for me to sneak around them. I jump onto a paint horse and ride away. I turn around and salute Venice. "Time to see sister Carla to tell her the news.