Ignacio

Chapter 6

I look around the house. It wasn't any bigger in the inside. She doesn't even live very well. It looks like everywhere you walk and everything you touch you will catch a disease. The walls are peeling away and everything metal is rusted. It even takes some strength to turn the knob on the sink. I could also literally see the spores of disease rising in the air. The only way to light up the area around the house of darkness are a few candles. Being in this bucket of plague ridden guts almost makes me want to throw my stomach up.

I hear someone open the back door. I quickly hide under the wooden stairs in the shadow. I pull my hood over my hood so I blend in with my background. The person walks into the same room I was hiding in. The person picks up a picture and studies it. I walk out of the shadows and say, "Who are you and what are you doing here?"I look around the house. It wasn't any bigger in the inside. She doesn't even live very well. It looks like everywhere you walk and everything you touch you will catch a disease. The walls are peeling away and everything metal is rusted. It even takes some strength to turn the knob on the sink. I could also literally see the spores of disease rising in the air. The only way to light

The person spins around to look at me. The person unsheathes a knife and points at me. Then, the person speaks to me, "I should be asking you the same question since this is my house." I have this look of bewilderment on my face. "Hold up that voice sounds vaguely familliar. Carla, is that you?"

"How do you know me?"

"You don't know who I am do you? Please take a guess before I tell you."

"Rohn is that you?"

"Who is Rohn? No! It's me your brother." I pull my hood back to reveal my face. She takes off her mask and looks at me more carefully.

"Brother...? BROTHER! That is you! What are you doing here? I thought you were in jail."

"Lets just say I was good enough to get out early."

"You escaped didn't you!"

"You always know."

"I don't know how you did it, but I'm glad you are here. I made an important discovery of the disease."

"Before you tell me that, I have some news you need to hear about Roberto."

"Oh yeah, where is he? Did he come with you?"

Anyone could tell she isn't the brightest penny in the jar, but she caught on pretty well when she saw the expression on my face.

"Oh, so he couldn't make it out. I see, but you made it and I'm at least glad you're here to see me. Now for my news...."

As soon as she said that, a knock on the front door alerted us.

"Open up, it's the Medi Guards. We are searching your house for a certain hooded man!"

She turned to open the door to let the guards in, and when she turned around, I was gone. I knew she caught on that I was the hooded man. I will contact you again sister. Just go on a little longer.