Ignacio

Chapter 8

I exit through the sewers again because going through the front gate would be like giving yourself in to a death sentence. When I was walking through I saw a few shadows walking ahead of me. I slowly sneak up to take a closer look at who or what is there. I poke my head around the corner, and I saw three mutants eating a woman. My eyes widen with fear. If I even get scratched by one of the mutants I'll be infected myself. I dash to a few broken blocks of cement for cover. I slide a knife out from under my sleeve and ready myself for a battle.

I step out from cover and throw a knife, and hit one of the mutants directly in the throat. The mutant fell to it's knees as It dies slowly. I know their called mutants but really they are just highly infected people from the plague. I grab two knives from my boot and stab the other mutant in the head with one knife. I kick the last one down to the ground and slit his throat.

I stop to look at the woman's body on the ground and she is still alive. She is breathing really hard. She is close to death. I knew if I don't help her soon enough she will turn out to be like the rest of the mutants. I pick her up and throw her on my shoulder. I find the exit to the sewers. I head to a spot in the woods where no one can see us and I lay her down on the ground and I take a syringe from my belt. I draw some blood from my arm and inject it into her. Her skin starts to regain some color, and she starts to breathe easier.

Then all of a sudden she starts to react to my blood and she starts to spaz out. I immediately cut the top of her arm to let some of the blood out. She starts to bleed really fast. I take a vial with a red liquid and pour it down her throat. Her heart beat slows to a natural rate and her breathing goes down back to normal also. I relax a little. That moment startled me so much that when I sat down and close my eyes I went to sleep, and didn't wake up till the next morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you everyone for reading!