Ignacio

Chapter 9

I wake up to the sounds of birds speaking to one another and the leaves slowly dancing in the air. I rub my eyes and yawn. I haven't slept that well in a long time. I turn to look where I lied the girl down but she wasn't there. I stand up looking around for any sight of her.

I notice the birds have stopped talking and the trees started swaying in different directions. I look everywhere expecting to find something out of the ordinary. I look behind me and see a dark figure standing in a tree at one moment and leave the next. That was enough for me. I kick the knife off the ground, and I grab it. I go into my defense stance with the knife in front of my face and my arm a foot under it to guard my body. I keep my mind clear of any thoughts.

The first enemy dashes at me with amazing speed. I block the first attack, but he twist around and cuts the side of my arm. I punch him in the face once, and he falls to the ground. He jumps up off the ground. We shuffle around each other before he sends another fatal blow towards me. I jump back then stick my leg behind his, and I drag him towards me. I send my knife into his stomach. The man kneels down to the ground. He starts to cough up blood.

I kick him to his side while he was still coughing. I take my knife back then look at him. He is wearing what looks like a ninja costume.

"Where is the girl?" I ask him.

"You don't know what you are doing? Protecting that girl will only put you on the assassin's list."

"Ha, you're an assassin? You are a pretty weak assassin."

His face turns red with anger, but then he calms down, knowing that his fate is sealed.

"Now, I'm going to ask you one more time. If you don't give me a good answer I will kick you in the stomach. Where is the girl?"

"I don't know."

I kick him as hard as I can. His eyes widen as he feels the need to throw his guts up on the ground beside him.

After he finishes puking, I ask him one more time, "Where is she? I swear if you don't tell me, I will cut your limbs off one by one.

He could tell in my eyes, that I was being serious. "Alright, she is on a wagon dragged by a couple of horses. They are heading north."

I snap his neck and took off for the girl. I caught up with them since one of their wheels fell off. I sneak up to one of the ninja looking guards and I cut his throat. I hide him under the wagon so no one could tell he is missing. There are only three more guards so I kill the all of them silently as possible and walk over to the girl.

I cut the rope and rip the tape off. She starts to cry and then hugs me. I whisper to her, "Everything will be okay. You are fine now. Nothing or no one will harm you anymore. She could not stop crying. After a little bit of time, I check for any valuables then we head back to our camp site.