Sequel: Bouquet
Status: Done. <3

White Noises

Seventeen.

I waited for Baylen to come back. He was taking too long and I was getting lonely. I sighed and went to breakfast. I sat alone until Baylen plopped down beside me. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Hi. What did Dr. Yates want?"

"Hmm?"

"Why'd you have to see Yates?"

"No reason."

I looked at Baylen. I finally saw the bags under his eyes, the sad look he always wore. I looked at him and took in how skinny he was. And how he didn't eat. And I figured out why Baylen was here.

He was either depressed or anorexic or both.

That took a moment to sink in. I just looked at Baylen.

He caught me staring. "What?"

I hugged him tightly. I didn't say anything, I just hugged him.

Baylen was confused. "Why?"

I brushed the hair out of his face. "You're always here for me when I'm upset, and I'm thankful for you."

Baylen half smiled. "You're welcome."

I dropped my voice. "And I promise I'll listen if you ever want to talk to me, about anything."

Baylen looked uneasy. "Really?"

"Of course. I won't judge you." I bit back the "baby" I was gonna add.

"I'm gay."

I shrugged. "Same."

Baylen's eyes widened. "Really?"

I looked at him. "No. I'm lying."

Baylen looked confused.

"I'm being sarcastic. Yes, I am a homosexual specimen of the male species."

"I didn't think you were."

"Well, I am."

"Mmm."

We ate the rest of the meal in silence, but not the uncomfortable kind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter contains Baylen's birthday.