Sequel: Bouquet
Status: Done. <3

White Noises

Twenty-seven.

Bay and I hadn't talked properly in days. I was ignoring him and I couldn't figure out why, really. He was just annoying me.

"Adryan."

I turned my face into my pillow. "No."

"Adryan."

"Noo."

"Adryan, you little shit. Answer me."

"What do you want?"

"I found out."

"Found out what?"

"Found out what your scars mean. You tried to kill yourself."

"So?"

"So I wish you had succeeded."

I turned to look at Baylen, confused. Then it hit me. There was no one in the room.

"Bay?"

No answer. I got up, looked around. Bay was not in this room.

I looked in the bathroom. "He must be with Yates."

I walked to Dr. Yates' office. I was right; I heard Baylen's voice through the door.

"I love Adryan, but I think he's mad at me."

"Why would he be mad at you?"

"I don't know! I didn't do anything!"

"Adryan is a very confused person. He doesn't know what's going on in his head and he wouldn't understand anyways."

"What do you mean?"

"Adryan has… fits, where he's not himself. He goes into a state of panic or a state or rage randomly. And he never remembers these fits. You see, Baylen, Adryan is very sick."

"…Oh…."

"I know you love him, but it might be best if you don't spend a lot of time around him. He could hurt you."

I would never, ever hurt Bay. I loved him. Why would Dr. Yates think I would hurt the only person I'd ever loved?

"Why would he hurt me?"

"Adryan just isn't ok in his head. He wouldn't mean to hurt you, but he would. And he'd feel awful, but you wouldn't trust him anymore. Baylen, Adryan is a grenade, with the pin pulled, and no one knows when he'll go off."

I'm a what?!?!

"Adryan seems so... Normal. So stable. Are you sure we're talking about the same Adryan?"

"Positive. There's only one in this facility."

"So if Adryan is such a danger, why is he still here? Why is he allowed social contact?"

"Because it seems to help him. Baylen, I need you to promise me you'll tell me if Adryan hurts you."

"Yeah, of course. I'll talk to you later, Dr. Yates."

I ran away from that door as fast as I could. I ran to the balcony.

I cried on that balcony for a second time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm. I have an idea. Hmm.