Status: Slowly Active

What About Now

I Don't Want to Play the Head Games

Brian’s P.O.V
I woke up to the front door slamming and frowned. I glanced to my left to see Madi frowning in her sleep and felt concerned that someone was either coming in or leaving. I untangled my limbs from hers and pulled on my boxers and jeans and walked out of my bedroom closing the door behind me. I walked down the stairs and let out a frustrated groan when I saw Michelle sitting on the couch. “What do you want now?”

Michelle looked up and shrugged holding up her keys. “You gave me the key… Too warm in here for you? Or…” He eyes widened as she connected the dots. “Good to know I was right to think of her as a slut.” I rolled my eyes at her comment.

“Are you trying to tell me that you’re not?” I smirked at the way she gave me a disgusted look. “And if she was a complete stranger, I’d say you were right… But she’s not and we’ve dated before. Plus, if we’re being one hundred percent honest, it would be more accurate if you and I were still together… Which we’re not. So, I’m only going to say this once. Give me back my key, get the fuck out of my house and leave Madison alone. Got that or do you need me to repeat it?”

She rolled her eyes and looked down at her nails as she contemplated what I was saying. “Does she know we had sex in that same bed not even a month ago?” I frowned at her threat. “I mean I’m sure she wouldn’t mind horribly, if she truly cares for you. But that was a long time ago, Brian. I mean she was probably already doubting having anything to do with you since you just broke up with me.” Michelle looked up and smirked.

“Just get to your point and get out.” I growled not in the mood for her games.

“I’m just saying, a lot can change in five years. People change, Brian. You went from caring for one girl, to fucking a bunch of them, to going back to caring about one girl. Another thing to consider is the fact that some girls can handle the famous lifestyle, others can’t. Keep that in mind when she ends up fighting with you over paparazzi being obnoxious.” Michelle stated with a fake smile as she stood up and headed for the door. “I’ll get your key to Val to hand over. I’m late for my manicure.” She gave a final wink my way before stepping out the door.

I rolled my eyes as the door closed and jumped when I heard another voice speak up. “What did she want?” I turned around to see Madison standing by the stairs with her clothes back on. Her blue eyes inquiring as she tilted her head to the left.

I felt my throat tighten as Michelle’s first statement replayed itself in my head. I swallowed and forced myself to smile. “What she always wants… Attention or money.” I shrugged like nothing was bothering me when all I wanted to do was forget the last half hour. “Are you leaving?” I asked taking note of the fact that she was in her heels from the day before.

“Yeah, I really need to shower and change clothes. And I want food… So hungry.” She smiled shyly. “I’ll see you later?” She asked as she walked closer to grab her purse from the couch she’d left it on.

“Sounds good,” I agreed. She leaned up and kissed my cheek before waving and walking out the door to her car that was still sitting in my driveway. I took a few minutes watching her leave before making my way back to my room to pick out clothes and take a shower.
I walked back down the stairs with every intention of grabbing food when I found Michelle in my house, again. “What the fuck are you doing here?”

She set down the glass that she had in her hand and smiled at me. “I thought she’d never leave. And hey, you said you wanted your key back.” She stated as she jingled her keys at me with an innocent smile. “I wonder what Zacky thinks of her walking through the doors in day old clothes and having not come ‘home’ last night.” She stated with a twisted smile on her face. “Like my nails?” She asked innocently as she held up her hand to prove she did actually leave and that she wasn’t being a stalker.

“Quit playing games with me, Michelle.”

She giggled before frowning at me. “Oh Brian, you’ve been playing games with me since day one. Actually longer than that I think.” She stated as she put a finger to her chin in thought. “We slept together what, junior year? Sophomore? That big party Matt threw when his parents were gone for a week…”

Brian frowned at her comments. “We were both pretty wasted, so I don’t really expect you to remember it…” His eyes widened as he started to remember it. He hadn’t thought that was Michelle because, well Michelle looked nothing like she did now when she was in high school. “Like I said, baby, people change.” Michelle deadpanned with a sarcastic smile. She downed the rest of the drink in her glass and set it down.

“That was forever ago, Michelle. You aren’t seriously counting that against me, are you?” I asked, completely lost at the fact that she was bringing up something from the past that I didn’t even remember clearly.

“Oh Brian, you don’t even know the half of it. I didn’t want to go away to that fancy prep school, you know,” She shrugged as she glanced down at her flawless nails. “I could have made your life so much more complicated… But I didn’t. And then fate brought us back to each other.” She walked past me to grab the bottle of Smirnoff on the counter and poured some in the glass she put down. She then stepped over to the fridge and added cranberry juice to answer his unasked question of what she’d been drinking.

“You’re really starting to get on my nerves… Just spit it out and get the fuck out.”

“That would ruin the surprise, Brian.” She stated as she downed half the drink. “I wouldn’t keep your secrets from her for too long, she’d bound to find out sooner or later. One way… Or another.” Michelle left the other half of her drink as she headed back towards the front door leaving me confused at what the hell was going on.

“I need to stop dating crazy people…” I muttered to myself as I went to find my phone. I found it up in my bedroom and rolled my eyes at the fact that Michelle had sent me a text to remind me that sooner was probably better than later. I rolled my eyes and laughed at a picture Madi sent me of the burger she was currently eating along with a text saying I owed her for making her wait for this meal. I walked out to my car to head out for my own food for the day.
After picking up food and heading home, I found myself screwing around on my laptop looking for a new mattress. Letting Michelle’s words get to me… I know it wouldn’t make up for much since we’d already done something… But Madi would get it… Right? I rolled my eyes. Why was I letting some bratty exgirlfriend get to me?

I ended up making a purchase and shutting my laptop. I wiped my hands on my jeans and grabbed the garbage from my lunch and headed into the kitchen to throw it out. I glanced over at the lipgloss-stained glass sitting on my counter and dumped out the remnants of Michelle’s watered down drink and tossed the glass in the garbage.

I glanced around the kitchen and found myself frowning at the little things I noticed that were different because Michelle had been living with me for a couple of weeks, I walked out of the kitchen and realized there were little hints of her in every room I walked in and I found myself feeling sick to my stomach for it. I made my way into my bedroom and wondered how last night even happened as I glanced at a picture frame sitting on one of the nightstands that had me with my arms around Michelle, both of us smiling brightly, back when our relationship felt real. Before Madison had come back to California and kicked up all the old feelings I thought were gone and lost.

I felt my phone go off in my pocket and pulled it out hoping it was Madi with some form of distraction. What I got instead was a text from Michelle asking when would be best to come pick up her things, some kind of emoticon of a winking face. I groaned and tossed my phone at my bed. After running a hand through my hair, I decided that I needed to clear my head and this wasn’t the place to do it. I left my phone where it was and headed out the door with my keys in hand and my wallet in my back pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is way late, and I'm hoping that this chapter doesn't seem weird and totally out of place. Let me know what you think and if it doesn't seem to go with the story, maybe I can work on a rewrite and make the entire story better? As always, thanks for reading.