Hope Came With Wings

Sugar Rush and Butterflies

Okay so I had a theory about energy drinks. I think all the energy/hyperness is completely psychological! When you get me started, I can get pretty damn insane and I'm all psycho-needs-to-go-in-a-padded room kind of person! But when I think about it, if you put a fake 100% sugar energy drink label on grape juice, I'd probably drink it and go insane, thinking it was the juice that did it! So maybe it's just me, but I don't know.

So back to how that relates to me and Seth...

It was like extreme sugar moment! We both ate a ton of skittles, gummy worms, and kind of had an m&m fight which ended with Seth eating some off the ground. It was kind of gross, but hilarious at the same time. And during all of this we both chugged a huge can of monster.
As if we weren't hyper enough already, imagine what this did to us.

By the time I got to the bottom of my monster can and crunched my last skittle, I felt like I could be shaking with energy. I look up to see Seth, whining about trying to get the last few drops out of his monster, a gummy worm hanging from the edge of his hoodie.

"Haha! You have worms!" I yell, pointing and laughing at Seth who doesn't get it. I grab the gummy worm and shove it in my mouth, earning a pout from Seth.

"Hey, that was my gummy worm!" He whined. It's funny how whiny he gets when he's hyper.

"Oh yeah, and you only drank like half of my Monster!"

"It wasn't half, just a big gulp!" He giggled. He looked around, realizing there wasn't anymore candy, and stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"To get more candy, duh!" I jumped up and grabbed ahold of his arm.

"No Seth! You don't need anymore sugar! We still have to find our way back home without running super fast, remember?"

"Ugh, you suck!" He finally gave up and sat back down on the grass, crossing his arms and pouting more. I stood laughing at the site of him. He looked like a two year old, of course I probably wasn't much better.

"What are you laughing at?" He reached up and grabbed my arm, pulling me down beside him. I landed hard on grass, making me laugh harder. He just sat staring at me.

"You're no fun! I'm still very hyper, I don't want ot crash yet. Come on!" I say getting up. "We have to go find something to do to burn up this extra energy!" We set off down the street, only to find more nothing.

"Gasp, look a hill!" Seth points and takes off towards a huge hill. I follow behind, but I'm no match for his "super speed". Before I know it, he's at the top, yelling for me to hurry up.

I finally reach the top.
"Okay...now what?" I look to him, he shrugs. Sigh, what to do on a huge hill? A grin creeps across my face, and I look at Seth, my plan setting into action. He raises an eyebrow, obviously puzzled, and I smirk.

"Um...what? I don't get it." He says.

"Oh nothing...Woah, what's that?" I yell, fake excitement covering my face.
He turns his head and I push my arms out with as much force as I can get and push Seth tumbling down the hill.

Only...it doesn't turn out that way.

Seth, with his insane reflexes and all, caught on pretty quickly and grabbed onto my hands before they hit his chest. The sudden impact of him grabbing onto me sent me tumbling into him, forcing us both down the hill. We scream as we both fall onto the grass and start spinning like crazy.

The grass is moist and itchy on my back where my hoodie came up. I hit my arms on a rock, and I'm sure I will bruise. Something scratched me, and I'm repeatedly running into Seth. But the whole time, I can't stop laughing.

I can feel myself gaining speed as we get farther down the hill. We stop suddenly with a thud and I land half on Seth. We both lay there laughing, ignoring the pain from the bumpy ride. Eventually we stop, and I roll off of Seth, landing next to him on the grass.

I look to his face and smile. "That was awesome."

"Hell yeah it was. You totally deserved it for even thinking about pushing me!" He laughed, I laughed too. We both lay there looking at the stars. It was a perfect night.

After a while, Seth turned tand looked at me.
"I'm really glad you called me Gracie."

"Yeah, me too." We stayed there, not saying anything else.
I looked at his eyes, green and sparkling. Well, they looked sparkling.
His brown hair, how it came down low to his eyes. It always looks soft, even in the messy way he wears it.
My hands running through his hair.

His lips. Oh my god, his perfect looking lips, the one ring in the left corner.
My lips touching his.

It was driving me crazy, these things running through my mind, making me want so badly to make them come true. Was it crazy that I wanted Seth so badly?

And then I couldn't control it. Slowly, carefully, I moved closer to him, his face inches from mine. I looked in his eyes, seeing if this is what he wants too. The way he was looking at me, I was sure he did.
I moved my face closer, looked at his lips and heard him breath my name. I closed my eyes and felt our lips collide. His soft lips touched mine, pulling away slightly at first, and then bringing them together. I brought my hand up and felt the smooth skin on his face, bringing him slightly closer.

The butterflies filled my stomach, my head was foggy, all I knew was the pair of lips on mine. It lasted only a few seconds, but it was perfect. I pulled back slightly and open my eyes. My hand was still on his face and his eyes were also open and filled with excitement.

I smiled at him, he smiled back, and that was it. We lay there looking at each other, still slightly inches apart and my hand on his cheek.
It was perfect.
________
TIME ELAPSE
_______

We eventually got up from the grass and made our way home. Seth walked me to my house, where we now stood outside on the street.

"So I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Whenever it gets dark." He smiled.

"Okay. Thanks for an awesome night Seth. It was great."

"I'm really glad you called me. It would have been boring by myself."

"Ha, I know what you mean." I leaned in and hugged him.

"Good morning Gracie." He whispered.

"Goodnight Seth" I whispered back, laughing slightly.

And then I was off to get in atleast another hour of sleep, which failed miserably because I couldn't wait until tomorrow!
♠ ♠ ♠
Nice long chapter for you!
hope you like!

Also please check out this story. It's great, you should read it! She's a great writer, she just needs more readers!