Hope Came With Wings

You'll Never Be Happy

I'm back in the same place I was 1 year and a half ago.
My body is numb, but I can still feel him there. I hear his sickening deep breathing, but I refuse to open my eyes. The tears leak out onto the side of my face. I do as he tells me, but I can't bare to look at him.

It's not him. He'd never do anything like that to you. He loves you. Everything is okay. It's not him. Your dreaming, and soon you'll wake up and everything will be okay.

But it isn't. I know it's him, this isn't the first time he's stumbled in here late at night, scarring me with his hideous demands. I cry everytime and I hate him more. Last time I fought it, he beat me. I had cuts and bruises all over my body, and in the end he still used me like some trash whore.
But I'm his daughter.

That one thought made me almost throw-up, but I had to hold it back. If I screwed up again I was afraid he'd kill me.
Isn't that what I want? To be dead and away from this hell?

But no, I'm alive still, and...and...he's the one who is dead.

My eyes shoot open and there he is, just like I knew he would be. Cold, dead eyes, rotting skin and that stench of death all around him. The gunshot wound still fresh in his head.
I scream and struggle beneath him. He grabs both of my arms above my head with one hand and smacks me across the face with the other.
I'm stunned for a second, before I start thrashing again. I'm screaming, but he starts to smile.

Then suddenly he releases my hands and grabs a hold of my neck. His grip gets tighter and tighter and i'm gasping, trying to get some air that never comes. I close my eyes and try to wish him away.

"I'm back Gracie. You thought you could get rid of me, you stupid bitch!" His raspy voice breaks out. "I'm never leaving! I'll always be here. You killed me, remember? Did you really think you could go on and be happy? Did you!?"

I feel weak, the memories hurting more and more than the grip around my neck.
"No! You will never be happy! You don't deserve it after what you did to me! I'm your father! Didn't you love me Gracie?" Out of nowhere, it's like he's back. My father from when I was a child. The sweet, caring one who would never do anything like this to me.

I open my eyes, and sure enough, he's there. Smiling sweetly, his hands at his sides and no longer around my neck. He is crying. He reaches out a hand to help me up, but when I look down, his skin is rotting away and there is yellow bone sticking through the flesh.
I look up and he is the evil, dead father I never wanted again.

I scream, and try to run from him, but there is nowhere to go. Then I see it. My escape the last time.The .41 caliber gun, lying on my bedside table. It is exactly how I last saw it. I grab it, I know it's loaded, and I turn towards him.
He freezes and eyes me carefully.

He reaches a dead hand towards me, I squeeze my eyes shut and pull the trigger. I hear a gunshot.

I drop the gun and drop to the ground, breathing shakily. I open my eyes and scream.
On the floor, I see my body, lifeless and bleeding. I reach my hand up to my forehead and feel the hole. I bring my hands down and they are covered in blood.

He is standing before me, smiling. I scream more and cower away from him.

He kneels down and picks up the gun, putting it to his own head.
"You see, Gracie, when you killed me, you killed yourself. You can never have a life again. I'll always be there, haunting you. But I'm dead right? What can I do? But you're wrong to think that Gracie. You'll do what I want you to do, remember?"

He stands up and takes two steps towards my lifeless body. He points the gun at it. "You will never be happy Gracie. Anything that makes you happy wil be destroyed. Remember that."
He fires 4 shots. Blood splatters my face, my own blood, from a different body. I scream and try to wipe it off, but it smears and I am covered in it. My skin is crawling with the fear in my head and I am sobbing and screaming.
Everything, everyone, is gone. It's me and the gun in a white room. I'm panicking and the fear in side me won't stop.
I pick up the gun, I can taste the metal on my tongue, and pull the trigger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Truth is out!! kinda...
I don't really like this chapter much...
let me know what you think?
=]