Hope Came With Wings

Being With Seth

I walked in the door of the apartment and took my shoes off. The house was quiet, I figured they were probably still sleeping. Wow, what am I suppose to do for the next few hours, alone and waiting for darkness to engulf us so my "vampire family" can wake up?

I sat down in the huge fluffy chair and opened my bag.
Hmm...ipod, book, pencil. Nothing fun to do! I took out my notebook and thought a second, scribbling down a few words coming into my head, hoping that I'd be able to form it into a poem by the time I was done! I stopped and lightly tapped my pencil on the paper, thinking more. The house was completely quiet, except for one thing. I could faintly hear something like humming coming from the back.

I set my books down and quietly crept towards the back. I heard snoring from Aiden's room, absolute silence from Eryn's, and found the source of the humming coming from Seth's. A smile came over my face when I realized he was awake.

I carefully pushed the door open slightly to see if I could hear him better.

"Lean on Sheena. She leans on me a lot. Hold on, hold on, hold on to what you've got." I heard him singing. He was laying on his bed, his back to me, pencil in hand and writing down something. I watched him for a second, smiling more.

I pushed the door open more and silently slipped over behind him, close enough that I could touch him, but not close enough to see what he was writing. I leaned against the bedside table casually.
"What are you writing?" I asked, making him jump. He had almost instantly flipped over and was looking at me wide eyed.

"Jesus, Gracie you scared me!" He gasped.

I laughed. "I scared you? Oh come on, you're a vampire!" I teased him.

He stuck his tongue out at me, then grinned and tackeld me onto the bed. I giggled at his actions, he was like a little kid!
He pushed a soft kiss to my lips and looked into my eyes, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"How was your day?" he asked sweetly. It'd been forever since anyone had asked me that.

"It was alright. School, nothing exciting. Actually, I kind of told my writing teacher about...my mom." I looked at him nervously.

He seemed kind of shocked that I would talk about it like that.
"Why? What'd she say?"

"Ha, calm down it's okay. She just stopped me after class to see if I was okay and I just couldn't hold it in anymore and I told her. She seemed shocked of course, but I trust her and she said she wouldn't tell anyone. I told her about you. She said you sound sweet." He smiled at me.

"Wonder what she'd think if she knew what I do at night." He mumbled, talking about his vampire-ness.

I laughed out loud and shoved him off of me, making him land next to me on the bed. I flipped over and made a quick grab for his notebook, but he was too fast and snatched it away from me.

"Hey!"

"Nope! Not yours! Mind your business!" He laughed, sticking his tongue out at me again.

"Aw you suck."

"Actually, yes I do." He flashed a huge smile. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't hold back the grin on my face.
He disappeared suddenly, and then was on my other side without the notebook. I raised an eyebrow at him and he just smiled and said he hid it.

"So I thought maybe we could go get your stuff tonight?" He asked quietly, like he wasn't quite sure he should say it.

"Of course! We have to make it completely official that I've moved in." He giggled and hugged me.

"I'm glad you're excited too. Oh but watch out, I heard what Eryn said about wanting to throw a party, and trust be she definatley wasn't joking about that!" It was funny imagining her throwing a party for me.

"I don't know, sounds kind of fun! But I don't really know anyone she could invite."

"Yeah well Eryn has her ways. The whole house would probably be filled with people you've never met just so she can have a huge party."

"Hmm, can't wait." I mumbled now thinking about being surrounded by a ton of strangers.

"Haha, sorry if I scared you. It's no big deal. I'll be there." That made me smile knowing he would be at my side.

It was still pretty light outside. There was still like 5 and a half hours left until it gets dark. Seth yawned.
"You should go back to sleep babe. You look tired. Plus you said we were moving me in tonight, so you better get some rest."

He paused a second, thinking it over, before I could tell he was barely keeping his eyes open.
"Yeah you're right. You want to lay down with me? I mean, you did have to wake up early and all so..."

"Sure!" I interrupted, jumping onto the bed and waiting for him.

He laughed, then went and put on a Bouncing Souls cd. Lean On Sheena started playing softly.

"Weren't you singing this when I walked in?"
He smiled and nodded his head, then lay down next to me, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close to him. He kissed my forhead and closed his eyes, falling asleep almost immediatley.

I fell asleep too, content in all my happiness Seth has brought to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh, my story seems to have turned romance.
I think it needs a change haha.
Or maybe not. I don't know.
I'm just kind of writing this as I go along :)
-Jay