Hope Came With Wings

Refuse To Relive The Past

Seth's POV

I woke up in a panic. My eyes flew open and it took me a second to realize where I was. I was still in bed with Gracie, who was snuggled up close to me. If anyone had seen me when I woke up, they would have thought it was a normal awakening. They would have no idea that I was shaking inside.

Part of the nightmare was still fresh in my mind. I tried to clear it, but couldn't keep my thoughts off of that topic. The memory of Kat just wouldn't leave me.

-Flashback-

"Baby where were you? I was worried about you." I asked Kat as she strode over to me out of the swaying crowd of dancers. I had connections, so it had been easy getting into this new club.

"Nowhere. Just the bathroom." She giggled as she sat down next to me and kissed me lightly on the cheek. I didn't know if I really believed her, she was gone a long time, but I just let it go.

I watched her as she sipped on her drink. The purple glitter in her spiky black hair sparkled in the multi-colored lights of the club. The purple eyeliner was slightly smudged and she swayed a bit to the beat of the music. Her dark eyes caught mine and she chewed lightly on her silver snake bites. God, she's beautiful.

We had decided a while ago that I was going to turn her. She would be a vampire, and mine forever. I would have done it already, but she wanted to wait. She said it was something to do with her family, I don't know, she didn't say much about it.

But she had been acting weird lately. Like the disappearing thing. One moment she was right next to me, the next she was gone. She always had some excuse for it. And whenever we go out somewhere, she acts really different, like someone I don't know. I asked her once, she just said I was imagining it. But whenever we are alone, she is the same old Kat I fell in love with.
For a while I suspected she might be back on the drugs again. When I first found her, she was majorly addicted to coke. I helped her through a lot, and she was sober for a while, but I was still worried she might go back to it.
I'm probably just being paranoid though.

We left the club a couple hours later. We were walking down the street, her arms wrapped around my waist and she was leaning on me, looking like she might pass out any second. I picked her up and started to carry her the rest of the way.

"Put me down here." she whispered when we were near a park a couple of blocks from her house. I set her down and she lay on the grass, pulling me down with her.
As soon as I hit the grass, she was on me. She attached her lips to mine, softly at first, but the kiss grew rougher. I pulled back slightly, stopping her from getting too carried away.

She groaned and pulled me back towards her. The taste of her lips was intoxicating, and I almost gave in. But I had to stop myself because I knew she wasn't planning on stopping.
"Kat slow down. We can't do this in a public park, hun."

"No, you wouldn't want to get carried away. You might rip the girl to pieces, and that's just not you now, is it Seth?" A dark voice came from behind us.

I spun around quickly to face Kradence. Demon vampire, I thought. He was one of those who feeds on humans. He makes me sick.

"Fuck off Kradence! I'm not like you!" I spat viciously.

"Aw, why not? Come on Seth. Let's play a game with the human girl. We can watch her scream and run in terror, and then chew her head off."

"You sick bastard! If you ever..." I started, but Kat interrupted me.

"Seth stop! Calm down babe." She tried to calm me down before I tried to get to Kradence.
I turned to see him smirking. "Take care of her while you have her." He said, and then he was gone.

My anger flared at his words, and fear coursed through me. Not that I was afraid of Kradence, just afraid of what he would do to the one I love.

I walked her the rest of the way home, where we now stood out in front.
"Are you sure you are okay?" I asked her once again.

She cupped my face and kissed my lips lightly.
"Yes, I'm fine. I'm not worried, Seth. I know you'll take care of me."

I helped her through her window, then started my way towards my own home.
I wish I was as confident in myself as she is.


God, that was two years ago! Why can't I stop thinking about it! I need to let the past go, I have Gracie to think about.
Is that why I keep having these nightmares? Am I trying to warn myself?
I know Kradence is still out there, and he knows Gracie. But I wonder if anyone knows that we are together.

All I know is, this time I'm keeping a closer watch. I won't let Gracie end up like Kat. I have to keep her safe. No matter what it takes, I can't lose my love again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.
This was another update that refused to post!
I have exams this week, so there is no guarantee on how many updates there will be.
Sorry!
<3