Hope Came With Wings

Words From His Heart Tell Me He Loves Me

It had been two days since we went to the house to get my stuff. Nightmares haunted me when I slept, but Seth was always right beside me. I don't know when they will end, but I need to get over it soon. I can't keep hurting Seth over this. I know it hurts him to see me in pain, emotional or physical. He says he's okay, but I feel like I'm stressing him out, and I can't help but feel guilty about it.

Yesterday he informed me that him and Aiden were going hunting the whole night and won't be back until dawn, right before the sun comes up.
So tonight, it's just Eryn and I. Right now I'm just laying here, but I finally decide to get up and find her.

I walk out into the living room and find her sitting in a chair, a notepad and pen in her hand.
"Hey." I mumble.

"Ooh good, you're up! Guess what I'm doing?" She asks excitedly.

"Um...doodling? I don't know."

"No silly! I'm planning your party. Remember I told you I was going to throw you a party? Well, I was serious." She tosses me the notepad. Scribbles of decorations and food plans cover the whole page. At the bottom, underlined and in all capital letters, it says "GUEST LIST!"

"You're crazy right? Eryn this is way too much, I don't need a huge party. I'm just..."

"Ah, no! I'm not listening! I'm throwing you a huge party no matter what you say. It's very rare that I get a reason to throw a party, so I'm taking this one. Don't worry, it will be fun!" She reassures me, though I'm still not sure.

I head towards the kitchen to search for coffee.
"Oh yeah, Seth left something for you on the counter." Eryn yells after me.

Confused but excited, I forget about the coffee and tear into the envelope laying on the countertop. Inside is a poem:
Pages of my calendar left blank,
nothing there to look forward to
Only empty squares.
Each dawn occurred seamlessly,
only living and never feeling,
still blank because it's the same damn thing.
But now your handprints are starting to show.
My dull life
you began to finger paint
and delicately with my heartstrings
I've become your puppet,
toying with my mind and emotions,
your lanky fingers confusing my chaotic organization.
No more lines dividing my days,
the sun's presence won't make a difference.
Only your withheld smile,
ignorant to the show we put on,
until my tears broke the ties.
Your domination left me alone,
you finally watch me stand here
fumbling for balance
and somehow your heart became mine.
Your warm fingers along my jaw
and closely we stay
with everything back in place
where tomorrow is another chance for me to be with you.

I wish I could spend every moment with you. Just know that when I'm gone, I'm always thinking of you. Have an amazing night love. I can hardly wait until I see you again.
-Seth


Tears silently escaped my eyes and rolled down my smiling face. My heart thudded crazily as I read the words that came from his heart. I never thought anyone would do something like this for me. I never thought I would ever feel like this, ever love someone this much. God, I can't wait until he gets home!

Eryn stood before me, a small smile on her face.
"Such a little sweetie, isn't he?"
I laughed and nodded my head. I started to hand it to her for her to read, but stopped when I remembered she already knew what it said.

I read it over and over a few times, unable to contain the huge grin on my face.

"Alright alright, enough lovey stuff! We have a party to plan, and I need your help with some things." Eryn started to drag me out of the kitchen.

I groaned, but smiled at her playfully. She stuck her tongue out at me and walked back to the living room. I let out a sigh of contentment as I read it one last time, then folded it up and placed it safely back into it's envelope.

Eryn sat cross legged on the floor, papers spread out around her everywhere.
"Okay, so which colors do you like better?"
I rolled my eyes and sat down with her to make more party plans.
This shall be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short.

I now have 41 subscribers!
Woot! *dances!*
That's more than I ever expected, so you all rock!

I'd like to thank hopei748 for her amazingly beautiful poem that she let me use for this chapter! You all should definitley check out and comment her other poems, because they also rock!

much love to you all!
please don't forget to hit the comment button on your way out :)

xoxo
-Jay