Hope Came With Wings

Come Back Love

Gracie's POV

The music bumping around me seemed nonexistent. I just kept following Kay, but everything was alright. It's like I'm suppose to be doing this. Nothing is wrong, I'm just following my new friend out of the back door of the club.

Somehow we managed to get throught the club, out of the door, and into the waiting crowd outside without being trampled or running into others. Once outside, Kay took my hand to lead me away from the crowd. The fireworks didn't distract me, unlike everyone else standing outside of the club. The only thing on my mind was walking. I didn't know where or how, all I knew was I was following Kay. I wonder where we are going? Oh well, as long as I'm not under Eryn's grip anymore. I love her, but she knows too many people.

Hmm...Is that Kay's van we are headed towards? Maybe he just has to get something. Oh well.

Seth's POV

I pushed through the back door, Eryn, Aiden, and Emily already right behind me. It seemed like there were even more people outside than in the club.

"Shit, I forgot about the fireworks." I heard Eryn mumble, but I continued through the crowd. It seemed harder to push through a crowd of people who are all staring up towards the sky. When you run into someone who is staring upwards, it's easier for them to fall backwards, so it starts a whole chain of people falling and running into each other.

"Hey man, watch it!" someone shouted at me. I didn't bother with a sorry, just continued through the crowd. Now would be the perfect time for me to have wings, but not everyone here is a vampire, therefore making it difficult to transform.

"Eryn can you hear anything from Kradence?" I asked with little hope.

"No. He's too far, and there are too many other vampires here. I can't black them all out."

"We have to split up and look for her." I suddenly stopped and turned to the 3 others behind me.

"Seth, no. It will be easier if we are together. Kradence probably has others with him." Eryn argued.

"No! You can read our minds if we see her. Just go. We can..." I was cut off by Emily.

"There!" She pointed between the crowd. I could see Gracie's hair brushing against her back as she walked, her hand in that of a vampire I knew too well.

"Gracie!" I shouted, and took off through the crowd towards her.

Gracie's POV

Kay slid the van door open with a bang. I jumped at the sound. Suddenly it was like I didn't know where I was. I looked around at the crowd, the fireworks, before realizing I was outside. With Kay, the guy from the bar. But that's the last thing I remember. I don't remember leaving the bar with him. Did he bring me out here? No, he couldn't have.

Wait. Kay looks oddly familiar. Just something about him... I feel like I already know him.

[Flashback]

I'm tackled to the ground. A sharp pain shoots up my neck. It burns my skin and travels down my body, numbing my head. All I feel is the numbness. My vision starts to blur and it's hard to think.

"Oh my god." I whisper as it all comes rushing back to me. I've encountered this man before. No, not man. Vampire.

He turns to me and offers his hand, but I take a step back. He looks confused and angry at my action.

"Gracie!" I hear my name shouted behind me. I turn around quickly to see Seth running towards me. Well, trying to. He can barely make it through the crowd.
For a moment, I feel safe. My love is coming to rescue me again, everything will be okay.
Until I feel the two strong arms wrap around my body and pull me into the waiting van. I watch with my wide eyes in horror as the door slides shut, shutting Seth and any hope of being saved out.

Then there is only darkness.

Seth's POV

She turns and reaches for me, but is pulled into the van. The door slams shut, and suddenly the van is speeding away. We all take off after it, reaching it before it gets down the street.

I punch the side of the van, which screeches to a stop. I thrust my fist through the closed van door and practically rip it open.
Inside... the van is empty. One of Gracie's clip-in green hair extensions lies on the floor. I fall to my knees, too weak to stand. I feel tears sting at my eyes, but they don't fall. I feel as if I could puke. She's gone. I let him take her, now I will never see her again.
I can't beleive I let this happen.
I pick up the soft hair extension and hold it. It's still warm, and it smells like her.
I pound my fists into the ground and scream in rage. A tear finally escapes my eye, and I hold back a sob.

"Seth, I'm sorry." Eryn says quietly behind me. "But you can't blame yourself. Kradence had this all planned out. The had a teleporter vampire waiting for them in the van. The driver took off. Aiden went after him."
I just nodded my head.

Aiden soon came back, holding onto man who was pathetically trying to fight him off. He was human, a wannabe vampire who works for vampires, hoping they will turn them into one. Kradence usually uses them until he doesn't need them anymore, then kills them. Aiden held the mans arms behind his back, who was now on his knees, breathing hard and glaring at me.

I bent down so I was face to face with him.
"Where has he taken her?" I ground out.

He shook his head."I don't know what you are talking about." He spat.

"Fucking liar!" My hand grasped his throat tightly so he was gasping and coughing. "Where!"

"Where do you think?" He squeaked. "To his fucking hideout. He hasn't moved. Why should he? He's the most feared vampire in Ohio! He has even more vampires on his side now. You think anyone would mess with him?"

I laughed fiercely. "I would." I spat, before pushing his head to the ground. I stood up, ready to beat the shit out of him, before Eryn stopped me.

"Seth, no! We protect humans remember?"

"He's not a human! He's a pathetic worm!" I turned and glared at her, but my eyes softened when I saw her face. She was hurt by this also, we all were. But damnit, I can't help it knowing Gracie is in the hands of one of the most vile vampires I know.
"I'm sorry." I whispered to her. I turned to the man on the ground. "If I ever catch you again, you will wish I would have killed you the first time." I said with venom in my voice. He seemed to shake as he got off the ground and ran from us. I laughed bitterly.

"Let's go."

We all took off towards the place Kradence always stayed in. A place I'm also too familiar with. We stopped in the trees not too far from the abandoned warehouse, now filled with vampires. Or so we thought.

"I don't see anyone. Kradence always had fleshlings guarding the outside." I whispered.

"Maybe he's using a different technique?" Aiden suggested, but I just shook my head.

"The fucker lied. I knew we should have held onto him." I said, enraged.

I headed straight for the door and busted it open. Dust flew from the cracks, and something fluttered in the back. That's when I saw the body. It was a human.
I ran towards it, stopping next to it. It was a girl.
Oh my god.
I could feel her body was still warm, her dark hair swept across the floor. Something lay covering half of her body and her face. I slowly moved it, my hand shaking. I kept telling myself it wasn't her, it wouldn't be my Gracie lying lifeless on the floor.
And it wasn't. It was some girl I'd never seen before, body drained of blood. Still I couldn't stop shaking.

I walked out, Aiden, Emily, and Eryn waiting outside. I shook my head as the tears flowed. Eryn put her hand on my shoulder, but I didn't feel it. I could only feel the emptiness and heartache that filled me now.

"There is a dead girl inside. Bite marks on her neck. You know the drill. I'm heading back to the apartment. I can't.." My voice broke. "I can't take anymore of this. We won't find her tonight."
No one said anything as I walked away. I walked slowly. I could hear Aiden splashing gasoline on the building. When he struck the match, the whole place lit up from the flames.
I wanted so badly to throw myself into those flames, but I had to move on for Gracie. She is still out there, I know it. I have to find her.

I will get her back, and Kradence will pay for everything he has done, once and for all.
I will get my love, and my revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!
sorry it took so long!
I hope you liked it.
Seeing as how that's the end, would anyone like to finally leave me some comments??
please?

Also make sure you read this because it will give you some info on a possible sequel?! Trust me, you want to read this!
I may rethink posting the sequel if no one comments... ;)
so smack that comment button on your way out! Come on, it takes two seconds! please?

Thanks so much everyone!
Jay <3

If you want another great story to read, check out this story. I think it's like a monster/vampire/romance fiction, you should read it! She's a great writer, she just needs more readers!