Hope Came With Wings

Stranger In The Park

I sit on the faded merry-go-round. The night is still, no chilly wind and the ground is still barely damp from earlier's slight rain. I pause my ipod and listen. It's so quiet. There is a slight rustle off in the trees in the back and the distant sound of cars on a nearby street, but other than that, it's all so peaceful.

I stand up, grabbing hold of one of the bars of the merry-go-round and take off running in a circle around it, spinning it faster and faster. I jump up onto it and lay down, watching the sky spin above me. My ipod headphones lay on my chest, volume turned completely up so I can still hear it. I close my eyes and drown in it, letting it wash away any unsettling feelings still left. When I open my eyes again, I see a flutter in the sky. I sit up, spooked. But I don't see anything. And then there it is again.

A bat. Relief washes through me and I lay back down and watch it. It's thin little wings flap rapidly through the air as it swings this way and that, looking as if it has no real direction. Like it has no care in the world, just flying around, enjoying this peacful night. It flys back and forth above my head, dissappearing then reappearing out of nowhere. Sometimes it dips lower and I wonder if it is coming towards me. Doubt it.

It dissappears again. The song on my ipod changes and I find myself relaxing, sinking into the beat and resting my thoughts on it. I feel like I could stay here, alone forever.

"Let me guess, The Art Of Sharing Lovers by A Static Lullaby?"
I jump completely off the merry-go-round at the sound of another voice. Standing there is a guy looking about my age, he has messy, dark hair, black jeans and a black tee and a few peircings from the looks of it.

"Uh..umm yeah that's right." I mumble quietly, somewhat still shocked and scared, wondering how long this guy has been here. How come I didn't hear him?

"Good band. But uh, what are you doing out here? Kinda late isn't it?"

" I could say the same for you. You shouldn't go sneaking up on people like that." I say, actually looking up at his face. It's dark so it's hard to see what he completely looks like. He looks pale though.

"Well i'm sorry. I guess it is more polite for me to introduce myself before I scare the shit out of you" He smirked."What's your name?"

"Uh, it's Gracie. And I should probably be going now." I start to turn around but he calls to me.

"Wait! I'm Seth. Why you leaving so soon? Don't want to play at the park with a stranger?" He flashes a wicked smile.

He jumps from his spot on the end of a slide and lands closer to me. I'm stuck on the spot, scared to move.

He leans close to me and whispers" You know, you should be more careful out here Gracie. I know some guys who are worse than me. But i'm not going to hurt you, no worries." The last part makes my heart beat just a bit faster, because i'm not sure whether he's being sarcastic or not.

I turn around quickly and start walking. "You might not want to forget this!" He tosses me my ipod. When did I drop it?
"Thanks..."
I walk until i'm around the edge of some trees, out of sight, and take off running. Paranoia kicks in and I think someone is behind me. I pump my legs hard, gaining some good speed. I cut to the side to shortcut through grass and BAM! I'm tackled to the ground!

"Get off of me! Help! Someone helpmfsh.." I start to scream but a hand clasps over my mouth and i'm held tight to the ground.
A million thoughts race through my head. What are they going to do? Rob me? Rape me? Murder me?! Panic sets into extreme and I start thrashing again, only to find that there's no hope because I can't move. Is this Seth or someone else? Am I going to die here? Why does it matter so much to me?

And then a sharp pain shoots up my neck. It burns my skin and travels down my body, numbing my head. All I feel is the numbness. My vision starts to blur and it's hard to think. Fight. That's all I know. But I can't. I can't stop it. What the hell is happening?
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda long.
I updated so much today! Shows you how bored I was =D
comments please and thank you!

Also please check out this story. I think it's like a monster/vampire/romance fiction, you should read it! She's a great writer, she just needs more readers!