Hope Came With Wings

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

I finally agreed to stay here and skip school. I doubt my mom would notice I was gone. She probably would think I had already left. From the looks of it, the sun was quickly approaching. As I figured, the vampires left to get some sleep. Well, Eryn and Aiden did. Seth stayed with me.
He said he just wanted to make sure I was okay. He covered any light shiny through, and it was like a cave it was so dark. It was pretty sweet actually.
"Aren't you tired? I mean, you were up all night with me, and you fought of Kradence. You should be like passed out."

"Hmm...I wonder, are you worried about me or just want to get rid of me?"

"No...I just uh...well you know, you saved my life and all so you should rest. That's all." He smirked when I blushed. Truth is I was kinda worried about him. He looked like he should be the one everyone is worried about. I had seen some marks on him that looked like bite marks, probably from the fight, and he looked drained. But he wouldn't leave. Whatever, fine with me.

"So I bet you're wondering about the vampire stuff right?"

"Well yeah, it's kinda there in my mind."

"Ha, yeah. Well, there's not that much to say about it. I mean, you know we can't go into the sun. It like burns our skin, we turn into vampire-burgers." He laughed, I shudder. "Silver is pretty bad. We don't die instantly, but it's a slow and painful process to death. Crucifixes or holy water or whatever is all crap. Doesn't do anything to us. Oh and some of us have special things. Like, Eryn can read minds. But, she can only read vampire's minds. It kind of sucks for her sometimes, but other times its good because she knows who is a vampire and who is not, you know what I mean? Aiden has a kind of mind power thing. He can control certain things with it, but he's still testing it out. I'm a shapeshifter. Which means I can shift into almost any living form I want. Bats are my favorite."

"Wait, so last night at the park..."

"Ha, yeah that was me. I was just out flying around and you popped up. Thought I'd have a bit of fun scaring you, guess I got more than I asked for."
It was quiet after that. I just sat there watching him. Small blue veins were visible through parts of his pale skin. His lightly muscled arms showed under the sleeves of his black shirt. His dark brown, almost black, hair stuck out in different directions in a cute, permanent bed head sort of way, falling in front of his eyes every once in a while. It was funny the way he chewed on his left lip ring, tugged on the chain around his neck sometimes, he always seemed nervous or...mysterious. My eyes focused on the spot on his neck.

"And what about the whole blood drinking thing?"

He looked up at me from under his bangs. "That..is somewhat complicated. Yeah, we have fangs. You can actually see them all the time, but we can make them come out farther and go back in. When your a fleshling, or a new vampire, expanding your fangs triggers your blood thirst. But as you get use to it, you can control it better, the thirst I mean."

Wow. A lot to take in.
"So does, is it just like something that comes to you, like a hunger? Or is it when something with blood is around?"

"It's just like a hunger. Sometimes it is triggered more when there is blood around, like if someone is cut. Other times, it's just there. Like right now, I can practically hear the blood rushing through your veins. It like makes my skin tingle and it's exciting. I could attack you at any moment. Of course, I won't. I can control it now, as can Aiden and Eryn. But it's still there. Does that scare you?" He looked at me mischeviously, trying to scare me.

"Erm...not really. I mean I guess, if it would cause me more pain. But if you try and attack me I will kick your ass." Yeah, I wasn't kidding.

"Haha, I'd like to see you try. I could snap you like a twig if I wanted. And, I'm pretty fast so you wouldn't be fast enough to hit me." He found this very amusing. "I wouldn't do anything like that to you though."

I analyzed him for another second."There's alot of things you can do that you say you won't." He didn't reply.

"You should get some rest. You'll probably be pretty tired like this for a few days." He was right, I was very tired.

I yawned. "Okay, you sleep, I'll sleep."

"Ha, deal. Wake me if you're in pain again, kay?"

"Mmm yeah okay..." I was already drifting off.

"Good night...erm...morning Gracie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, nothing too exciting.
But I'm tired too so another update tomorrow!
<3 Jay