Status: Please do not copy the characters, or contents of the story. All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Black

Black

"Did you see this?" Nami rounded the corner with a huge grin across her painted lips, "A music review by Akira Hinazawa." Of course, the prospect of a music review perked Kou's interest immediately. He was more intent on magazines and charts, more-so than any other musician out there.

The pretty drummer waved the magazine in his face, playing keep-away, a soft chuckle passing her lips. "I'm not sure you want to read this, Kou."

"And why not?"

He narrowed his eyes at her and jumped up pulling it from her grasp. MOOZ Magazine had only been established a year prior- but in that short year it had become one of the most purchased and read magazines in Tokyo. Obviously any review in that magazine could help or hinder a band's progress.

Nami sung out, "I warned you."

Kou rolled his eyes and scratched at his coarse blonde hair and tucked it behind his ears. What could they possibly say that wasn't worth reading? Especially about his band, his pride and joy? Hmph. Nami was just being difficult like usual. Crossing his legs, he laid the magazine in his lap and flipped the magazine open and began to read out loud, "I attended the November 4th concert of Trembling System at Yokohama Blitz. While one cannot deny the creative and progressive nature of their music, it's hard to get past the flashy and fake nature of the vocalist, Kou."

Almost immediately, the vocalist turned his gaze up to Nami- who was leaning against the door frame with Reno. The guitarist had a nervous look on his face while his companion was merely laughing. "I told you so." She sang out, shifting her weight to lean on the guitarist. "His ego is crashing now. I can hear it!"

"Shut the fuck up, Nami."

Those words rolled right off her shoulders and she smirked, "Keep reading, Princess."

"The music was ruined by a sub-par stage presence; a vocalist trying too hard to be unique. It left me perplexed and wishing I had purchased a blind fold to wear during the concert."

Reno glanced at Nami and made a strained face as if to say, "Why did you let him read it?" It went without saying- he was nervous. Trembling System had been around for 3 years so far and they were hitting it off pretty well. Their albums have sold well above their predictions. But despite their success, one thing was certain....Kou was an asshole nearly 80% of the time. Somehow in his 25 years of existence, he became so full of himself that a few bad words in a magazine article was enough to set him off.

"Whatever," Kou growled, throwing the magazine at the wall. "What does that asshole know? Fake? Me? I don't think his head is screwed on right."

She knew that he would be pissed off and frankly she thought he deserved it. Nami knew Kou ever since they were children and even though she had dealt with this mess all her life- she desperately wanted him to reflect on himself. Deep down, he really wasn't that bad of a person. If you could get past the ego, that is.

"His head, or your head?"

The blonde rolled his eyes, "Who do you think, Nami? Where does he get off writing something like that. I'm the only one he ripped apart too! He had nothing but great things to say about you and Reno but somehow I'm the fake one."

She smiled, nervously, "He's not the first person to say things like that, you know?" Her voice wavered as she spoke but Reno started laughing, lifting the tension, "She's right. Akira isn't the first person to think that you're a bit fake."

"Whatever. Why don't you just get the Hell out of here before I go after you both, huh?" Kou's voice was heavy with sarcasm as he spoke. He loved his friends but at times they got under his skin. (And needles to say, this was one of those times.)

"Ah, sure," Nami laughed, linking her arm into the guitarist's, "Well, we're going to the bar. Do you want to come?"

"Where?"

"Gas Panic."

Kou shrugged, "Nah, you guys go ahead. I'm going to stay here and get ready for tomorrow night's show."

"You mean, you're going to sit here and mope around?" The normally quiet Reno grinned, darting from the room before the blonde could think of a way to retaliate.

Kou stood up, turning and walking to where the magazine had hit the fall and fallen to the floor. He was truly pissed off. Who did this Akira Hinazawa think he was? Definitely not someone to mess with. The blonde leaned down and picked up the magazine, flipping to the article yet again. On the second page there was a small box- the photo of Akira with a small biography. "Akira," he thought to himself, "You're in for a Hell of a ride." Kou's brows knitted together tightly and he took the magazine in both hands and tore it directly in half, crumbling the thin sheets of paper in his hands and throwing the torn remnants in the trash. "Asshole."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yokohama BLITZ and Gas Panic are real places but MOOZ magazine is fictional.