Status: COMPLETE

The Lodge in the Forest

We are abandoned.

The last thing Dana wanted to do was drink, that was for sure. The thought of wine made her want to vomit so she settled on beer on tap from the keg and sipped gracefully watching Kurt try and mime his way through charades. They'd established that it was 'two words' and that it was a film. His large hands were trying to describe the first word with an action that looked suspiciously like he was jacking off and everyone was in hysterics as Jules and Marty rattled off words like 'ejaculation' and 'wiener' and 'love rub' which was causing Kurt to simultaneously get frustrated and amused at the same time.
"You're all losers." He growled exasperatedly, putting his face in his hands and shaking his head. Jules shouted out 'no talking!' and Dana interjected with 'you need to just be more specific.' Kurt rolled his eyes. And held up two fingers.
"Second word!" They all chorused. And he put his hands together as if in prayer, apparently trying to look as pious as possible while Marty and the others were doubled over with laughter.
"Waitwait- wait-," He stuttered out, "Prayer. Praying. Jerkoff Christian? Handjob Religion. Wiener Ch-church?" Kurt's calm facade shattered and he began to shake with mirth.
"Wiener church! I give up!"
"Penis worship?" Piped up Jules with mock-innocence, and they all fell about laughing again. Kurt stumbled over to engage his girlfriend in a passionate kiss and she pushed him away giggling after a few minutes.
"Is there no other way of explaining it?" Asked Dana and Kurt returned to his spot, a rare moment of expectant silence fell over the group as he thought about it. Dana got up to pour herself a third pint of beer.
"Okay okay, I gottit." Said the jock and held up one finger.
"First word!"
He approached the table and picked up a shot glass, holding it up for them all to see. Then he mimed shooting firing a gun. Dana jumped up.
"Oh my god! I've got it! Shotgun Preacher!" Marty, Jules and Holden whooped loudly while Kurt pulled her into a one-armed hug with a: "well done Dana!"
Kurt proceeded to climb on top of Jules to her distress (and everyone else's amusement) then placate her with kisses causing Marty and Dana to shout 'get a room!'
"Go get a different room, this one is taken!" Bantered Kurt, but he stopped and pulled Jules onto his lap, poking her in the ribs to make her giggle.
"Dana, you're up!" The red head necked the entirety of her pint to a miniature round of applause, then took to the 'stage.'
"Ok."
"Sssshhhhhhh!" She flapped her hands, laughing to herself and tucking her hair behind her ears as she considered what her charade was going to be. She caught her lip between her teeth, unaware of its effect on two of their party, her mind swinging through the tipsy beer haze as it searched for a candidate. She opened her mouth to blurt something out but was silenced by more vehement sssshing and was forced instead to jump up and down excitedly. She held up her fingers.
"Three words!" Came the chorus. Marty pitched forward onto his feet and meandered towards the keg, dutifully yet unsuccessfully pawing at Jules' beaker mid-air when she lobbed it at him, hollering for a refill. Dana stopped what she was doing and started towards him unsteadily:
"Do you mind-."
"Waaaay ahead of you sister." Grinned the blonde, winking playfully at her and whisking the cup out from under her nose. Dana felt her cheeks flush for no apparent reason and hurriedly continued the game.
One finger.
"First word!"
Dana fished a map off the coffee table and opened it up, pretending to study it - turning it around and frowning and looking mock-confused to a flurry of words.
"Map!"
"Travelling!"
"Orienteering!"
"Confused!"
"Looking for Alaska?"
Dana laughed, almost falling over her own feet. She held up her hand again.
"Second word!"
She put a hand to her ear, dropping the map.
"Sounds like!" She thought for a moment. Then steepled her hands above her head and hunched over, scuttling around the room.
"Shark! Swimming! Jaws!" She shook her head, pointedly standing with her hands steepled, then gesturing for more words.
"Shark fin?" Dana compressed the air.
"Sounds...like fin." Said Holden, smiling in somewhat blatant admiration, his words slightly out of sync with drink. Dana responded with an enthusiastic thumbs up. There was a raucous cheer and she returned to the front. They all stared at her expectantly. Marty was sprawled over the keg to her left. Kurt was now partially sat on Jules' lap, her arms around his waist. Holden was sporting an expression somewhere between euphoric and exhausted, his flagon resting precariously on he edge of his thigh.
Dana made an 'ok' sign, then swayed towards Marty, who smiled dreamily at her and then almost hurt himself trying to give her his drink - rather than hers, which was perched next to him on top of the keg. She shook with silent laughter, ruffling his hair clumsily as she flopped over him, grasping for her tankard. Missing several times, Dana snatched determinedly at the handle, which wasn't going well because Marty was trying to help while in a fit of giggles.
"Dana!" She'd finally wrapped her fingers around the handle but it was heavier than she anticipated and within a split-second Marty was coated with an extra layer of beer. This only made him laugh more, their faces inches apart as liquid dropped from his bangs and his nose, his hand on her shoulder as he tried to support himself. Dana cracked up, her legs giving way and they crumbled to the ground, unable to compose themselves.
"Wh-what are you doing?" Choked out Marty, scrubbing beer out of his eyes with the back of his hand. Dana attempted to form some kind of explanation, pointing to her and Marty, then to the keg but burst out laughing again when she met his gaze.
"Guys stop making out and get on with it!" Shouted Jules.
"Yeah stop wasting my beer!" Agreed Kurt. Holden, who had been slowly nodding off, jerked awake, spilling his drink down the crotch of his jeans and jumping up with a curse.
"Holden, dude, you ok?" Kurt seemed genuinely concerned until his eyes alighted on the wet patch and he laughed uproariously. Holden pinched the bridge of his nose and grabbed onto the arm of the sofa for support looking practically green. Jules appearing to be the only one that could function under the influence, wriggled out of the chair and took the football player by the elbow, ushering him gently out of the room. Over by the keg, Marty and Dana were talking drunken-animatedly about something, still sat on the floor knee-to-knee. Whatever it was it included a lot of face-touching and gesturing and hysterics. Marty dug in his pocket and lit a bent-looking joint and the pair calmed down a little, engulfed by a cloud of smoke. Kurt stumbled over and stole a drag before going to make sure Jules was ok, leaving Dana and Marty alone in the common area.