Status: okay

It's Like Suicide (But You Can't See the Ropes)

Chapter One

‘You fucking idiot! Why would you do that? It was meant to be our secret!’ Louis felt Harry’s nose break under his fist, and he relished the feeling of complete control over the younger boy. Harry winced, wishing he could stand up for himself; wishing more than anything he could save himself.

~ Harry’s P.O.V ~

Wow, nice one Harry. You really ruined that didn’t you? I wiped my clammy hands on my jeans, willing my heart to slow down as I walked away from possibly the most gorgeous boy I’d ever seen in my life.

Well I guess I’m never going to see him again so it doesn’t really matter, right? And if I do, then I could just kill myself, or something. Shit, I jumped into an alley, frantically trying to get away from Liam, i.e. the person who ruined my life. Call me a pussy, but I could seriously do without the ‘faggot’ remarks today.

But I guess things could be worse, for example, I could be dead. Actually, I’m not sure if that would be worse, I don’t think anyone would miss me anyway.

“Whoa! Watch where you’re going, will you?!” I literally went as red as a tomato and stumbled over my words as I went to help him up.

“Oh my God, I am so...Louis?” Ok I think I stopped breathing.

“Hey Harry!” Louis leapt up and hugged me, his earlier annoyance forgotten. I thought if I went any redder I’d probably explode, or something.

“Hi.” I didn’t trust myself to say anything else. Oh God, say something Louis, please, oh God oh God oh God oh God. I looked down at my shoes, embarrassed that I knocked him over but probably more embarrassed that here I was, stood in an alley (of all places), face to face with possibly the most beautiful boy on the planet.

I’ve said that twice.

~ Louis’ P.O.V ~

My God, this boy was beautiful. I knew I was probably making a right fool of myself, since I was just stood staring at him. Come on Lou, flirt, it’s what you do best.

What would my parents say? I wondered as I stepped subtly closer to Harry. They were deeply Christian (my parents, I mean), so I’d probably have to kill myself if they ever found out (God forbid) I was gay.

“So, um, how are you?” Wow Louis, good one, you only spoke to this boy about half an hour ago (probably not even that) and you’re asking how he is? For the second time today?

“What, since 20 minutes ago when we last spoke?” He cracked a smile, and my God, my heart stopped. Dimples appeared deep in his cheeks, his full lips opened to reveal a set of pearly white teeth, his green eyes twinkled as they bored into mine, and suddenly I could see myself falling, crashing, and burning at this beautiful boy’s feet. Stop it Louis, stop it now. I mentally told myself off, I was imagining a future with this boy already, for God’s sake!

“Well, we didn’t get much chance to speak back there. Ed could probably talk for England!” He laughed at that, a low, throaty sound, and I swore in that moment I wanted to be the only one to make him laugh like that again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is really short, I'm sorry! I'm just trying to get a feel for where I want this to go, so I hope you enjoy! I might even post another one later, I'm spoiling you guys.