I Understand Now

Twelve

Gordon and I drove back to my house for what seemed like the billionth time with fairies sitting on our dashboard. Gordon invited a few male and female fairies that were beetle-like and dragonfly-like. I couldn't tell the differences between their sexes. The fairies were too androgynous-looking.

They twittered and hummed songs on the way there.

With the fairies in our hands, we ventured up to the second floor. I could hear my dad trying to talk to my mom. Or maybe he wasn't. Now that we got closer, I realized he was on the phone. He was calling the hospital.

"Dad," I called.

"Mason, just stay out, okay?" My dad sounded stressed. I could hear him pacing and I heard my mom muttering and bumping into things. I looked at Gordon. I felt the fairy's thin hands push my fingers open so it could see out. Gordon just shrugged and knelt down to the carpet. He opened his hands and the fairies slipped underneath the door. I stood there for a moment, and then did the same. The fairy I held chirped a goodbye and slipped underneath as well.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked.

"Let's go outside and wait," Gordon said, and I had nothing better to suggest, so I went with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will never understand this, nor will I probably ever get used to having so many subscribers. 18 probably isn't a big number for some of you, but it is for me. 18 people liked this story enough to hit that subscribe button and wait for my updates. And seven people liked this so much that they'd recommend this to other people. Crap, I feel special. xD Thanks, guys.