I Understand Now

Fourteen

My mom was not fixed instantly. She still went to the insane asylum and went through a program to get help. Gordon and I would visit her and leave fairies with her. She would be angry at first, but every time we came, I think I saw a little improvement. The nurses said that she was showing signs of lightening up in her alcohol addiction and mental health. It took a very long time for her to be well enough to come home again.

Gordon and I went on with our lives and had study dates for math, which ended up not being study dates in the end. Maybe I did start to find him okay and not completely obnoxious. Maybe our days from then on we're actually pretty decent. Maybe I did let myself go a little with him.

Gordon also quit smoking and I stopped wearing my scarf. I eventually got my braces off too, but by then I didn't even care about them anymore. Gordon never stopped chewing his pencils, though he did stop poking me in the back in class.

And maybe, in the end, I think I did believe in magic.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry the ending was short! In the contest I can't go over fifteen chapters, so I had to shorten it down by a lot.

I'll go back and edit this later once the deadline gets closer, but for now, this is it. Thanks guys for your support. :)