I Understand Now

Two

When he showed up on Thursday I realized this kid was not going to go away. I sat in a different location than on Tuesday, but he still dropped his things right smack in the seat behind me. I almost had the nerve to file a harassment form when he jabbed me again.

"Hey, Mason," he said.

"What?" I didn't look back at him.

"My name's Gordon. I thought I should let you know."

"Gordon is the stupidest fucking name I have ever heard."

Gordon laughed. I turned back at him and glared. He had a different pencil in his hand than on Tuesday. It was black with pumpkins and skulls on it. It was still chewed up.

"Are you still mad at me?" he asked.

"Yes," I said. "You assumed my sexuality by the way I dressed and labelled me as such."

"You did the same thing, though. I mean, not my sexuality, but you labelled me with having a drug problem."

"I was retorting to your remark with a mocking one of my own. I was satirizing your language."

"So you didn't mean it?"

I paused. "No, maybe I did mean it. You probably are a tweaker." Then I turned back around.

Gordon jabbed me again. "Mason, hey. I have a question."

"God damn, what could you possibly want?" I shifted in my seat again to face him. His green eyes were wide and curious and his lips were curved into a smile. He looked like he had just gotten out of bed and had a miraculously inspiring dream he needed to share. His dirty blond hair was unruly. His eyes were intense.

"Do you believe in magic?" he asked.

I snorted. "No, of course not. It's all just a trick."

His smile just spread wider as I faced front again.

"I thought you wouldn't, Mason," he said, and then class began to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here is why I have a rated R rating. xD It's only rated R for language, just so you know. There isn't a lot of gory violence or smut.