Status: My updates will be sporadic for a while :/

Secret Messages

Chapter Sixteen

*Four Months After Last Chapter/Summer Break*

Twila had been getting on well with my friends. I'm pretty sure most of them more than me. Andrew had taken on the role as her body guard/big brother ever since the whole Julie incident. He was seen with her as much as, if not more than me. The girls took Twila shopping, everyone of them apologizing for being so mean to her before. And Twila, with her too big heart, forgave them. We still talked about our future wedding, well I talked she listened and shut my ideas down. Which is uncalled for, I mean an Angry Bird theme is so NOT dumb! But I know we'll get married soon, she smiles at me when I bring it up so I know she wants to too.

Anyway, today is our four month anniversary and I was headed towards her house, humming to the radio and feeling her gift burning a hole in my pocket. When I parked in what I unofficially claimed as MY SPOT in her drive I walked to the door that I had a key to and let myself in. I didn't see Twila downstairs so I headed up towards her room. I did knock on this door but got no answer. Usually when that happens she's in the shower so I went on in, planning to sit on her bed and wait.

Upon opening her door I stopped dead in my tracks. She was standing in front of her mirror, removing her eyebrow piercings with earbuds in. She saw me in the mirror and smiled a smile unobstructed by rings. She was wearing a pair of shorts and a sports bra and I could see that she didn't have any torso piercings in either. She giggled at my fish-out-of-water expression and I shook myself out of my daze.

"Do I look okay with out them?" She placed the eyebrow ring on her dresser and turned to face me.

All I could do was stare and take in her appearance. Her waist length, now dyed red, hair was falling all around her and her big blue eyes were boring into me. I rushed to her and pulled her into my arms. Kissing her for the first time with no metal between us. And never had I been so happy that I took out MY lip piercings. Because if I hadn't I wouldn't know what her lips, just her lips.

"You look beautiful. Not that you didn't before," I said against her lips. I placed my hands on her hips, and didn't feel any bars against my palms or finger tips, before pulling her lips into another kiss, "I love you, did you know that?"

"Yeah I knew that. And I love you too."

I reached into my pocket and brought out the box containing her gift, "This isn't an engagement ring. That will be much better."

"Then what is it?" She asked this as she opened the box and stared at the ring.

"A promise ring. I promise to always be there and you promise we'll get married one day."

She didn't verbally answer me, she took the ring out placed it in my hand and held out hers. I smiled at her until my cheeks hurt as I slipped it on. I then brought her hands to my lips and kissed each one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry It's been SOO long, I've had some stuff going on.