Status: My updates will be sporadic for a while :/

Secret Messages

Chapter Two

The entire drive to work I kept thinking of what Twilight had said about people insulting her because of her septum. It reminded me of that "scene" or whatever girl from school. She'd come in with the same piercing and I had insulted her. And "bull nose?" That's what my friends and I had called the girl from here. It made me think, I was furious when Twilight told me about her day and she seemed sad, what if the other girl felt the same or worse? We were pretty awful to her.

I made up my mind to apologize to her tomorrow. I'd have to do it when no one was around of course. I have an image to upkeep. I can't let my conscience ruin the act I'd perfected. I don't want to be treated like what's her name. It just can't happen.

I'd been so caught up in my thoughts I almost didn't realize that I had reached my destination. My Uncle Greg's diner, the place most of the teenagers in this town occupy almost every night. I walked in through the door and braced myself for the onslaught of greetings and flirting I'm always subjected to when ever I go somewhere. It's nice being noticed but sometimes I just wish everyone would shut the hell up. It would be nice if everyone acted something like Twilight. She says so much using very few words. It's amazing.

After FINALLY escaping my "friends" I headed to the kitchen to begin my shift but before I got started I sent Twilight a quick text...

Blake: Hey, I just wanted to tell you that you're beautiful. I mean I have no idea what you look like but I just know you're gorgeous. Don't listen to those assholes that insulted you. <3

I slipped my phone into my pocket and went to the grill to help Uncle Greg with the orders. We'd learned early on that if I worked out front we didn't do any real business, people would come in just to talk to me. And truthfully I preferred cooking. It was fun and Uncle Greg would let me try new things and use the kitchen whenever I wanted.

I felt my phone buzz as I was working on a new dish and wanted to check it but refrained from doing so. I had work to do, I couldn't take time for a text message that was hopefully from Twilight, no matter how much I wanted to. I had to make a living. Pay for college and all that. I kept telling myself that as I got a reminder of my text.

"Ignore it Blake. Check it on break," I mumbled earning a laugh from my uncle. I'd told him about Twilight and while he thought it was odd that I'd met a girl online he thought it was "cute" the way I freaked out about her.

"That your girlfriend Blakey?" he asked clapping me on the shoulder.

"She isn't my girlfriend! And I hope so. She had a bad day today," I said softly.

"Go ahead and check it dorkbutt. If your girlfriend needs you I'll allow it," he laughed as he returned to the grill.

EnteringTwilight: Why can't more people be like you? You always make me smile :3

I sighed at her text. I'm not nice to some people. Like that girl whose name I still don't know. But I wouldn't tell her that.

Blake: I'm glad I can put a smile on your face. :)

EnteringTwilight: Are you already off work? 0.o

Blake: No. My boss said I could text you. He's my favorite uncle so I told him about you. He picks on me about meeting you online and calls you my girlfriend. .-.

EnteringTwilight: That's cute. c: Well now I needa go. My dad is finally home and he doesn't like me texting at the table.

Blake: Aw D: Alright. I'll text you later. :3

EnteringTwilight: You better >:3 Byebye

Blake: Later :3

I put my phone away and returned to work. Thinking that Twilight being my girlfriend wasn't such a bad idea. If we were in the same area of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to say hello to my one subscriber that was subscribed before I posted this. <3 And I always do this. I have an okay idea than I lose it and have a poo ending D: