Status: My updates will be sporadic for a while :/

Secret Messages

Chapter Seven

"So...Will you be my girlfriend?"

I didn't know what to say. Blake is Dark, and Dark is Blake but who is the person and which is the facade? I stared at him for a minute before I shook my head. His smile fell and he went to stand but I grabbed his wrist. He looked at me and sat back against the couch.

"I don't know. Okay? I don't know who you really are. If you were like Dark ALL the time even before this I would say yes. But you haven't been who I thought I was talking to. I can't date you being confused," I said softly.

"I get it. But one day we'll date and until then I'll do everything to show you I AM DarkAsDay. I swear," and I believed him.

He went home shortly after that when I walked him to the door he looked at me and then to my lips. I was terrified he was going to kiss me, especially when he leaned towards me. But instead of our lips meeting he just kissed my cheek and smiled at me. Then he walked away.

********************************************************************

The following morning I woke up to my dad shaking me and telling me there was some boy downstairs. I wasn't paying much attention and headed down, not bothering to get dressed or do my makeup or anything. And what a mistake that was. Sitting in the family room was BLAKE and when he saw me his eyes got big and mine got bigger. I rushed back upstairs followed by the sound of my dad laughing at me.

I hurried to get ready, trying to figure out why Blake was here. We didn't have work until the afternoon so he couldn't be here to drive me. Needless to say I was beyond confused. After finishing up my makeup I headed back downstairs.

There I found Blake and my dad talking about guy stuff or something I don't really know. I gave my dead his morning cheek kiss and stared at Blake, silently asking what he was doing in my house at 9 o'clock on a Sunday morning. He smiled at me as he stood up and took a place beside me.

"Mr. Rivera, I would like permission to eventually date your daughter. I really like her and I think she likes me, but she's a bit iffy on being my girlfriend. She said she'll think about it. And when that time comes, because I refuse to think it won't I would like your approval."

I stared at him in shock then punched him in his gut. He grabbed his stomach and looked at me. Not sorry at all for a totally underhanded thing like this.

"Hey! I want you to be mine. And I figured one thing you were concerned about was me not wanting to tell people. You know 'cause of who everyone expects me to be. So I asked your father. And when you say yes I have an idea for telling everyone!" he half whispered at me.

"You're an idiot. This doesn't make me want to date you. It makes me wanna punch you in the throat," I hissed.

My father cleared his throat and Blake and I looked his way, "Blake was it? If Twila wants to date you I give my consent. But if you hurt her I'll put you on the sex offender registry. And don't try stuff like this again. Twila is feisty," with that my dad went out to his car to head to work.

Blake looked at me and NOW he looked sheepish, "I'm sorry. I'm trying to do everything I can to make you see who I am and I'm fucking up."

"Just don't do stuff like this, please?"

"Alright. And um...that wasn't the only reason I came over..."

"What's the other reason?"

"To do this," he cupped his hand around my cheek, leaned down, and kissed me.

It wasn't passionate. And it wasn't long. It was more of a peck than anything. Our lips touched for just a second. But that second was pretty great. I looked up at him, kinda confused.

"After I left last night I felt like an idiot. I wished I'd kissed you. I'll see you at work," he turned to leave but I threaded my fingers between his and smiled.

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
This soooooo sucked. >.< Subscribe and/or tell me what you thought? <3