Status: My updates will be sporadic for a while :/

Secret Messages

Chapter Eight

When Twila said yes my lips split into the biggest smile ever, "Really?"

"Mhm."

"I knew you couldn't resist me," with that I winked at her.

"Shut up. I'm gonna make myself some breakfast," she was smiling as she walked away so I knew she wasn't mad.

*******************************************************************

After Twila made US breakfast we sat around playing Twenty Questions and watching TV before we had to head to the diner. It was nice, spending time with her. I kept calling her Twilight, like I did in our texts, and she smiled at me when I did. When we got ready to leave I got a taste of how spastic she is. She spent ten minutes looking for her phone, which was in her back pocket and five looking for her right shoe.

When we finally left her house we held hands over the center console of my car. We didn't let go until we had to get out, the radio playing a station we both apparently love. We were quiet for most of the drive, not an awkward quiet a comfortable one.

When we did arrive at the diner we met around the front of the car and clasped hands as we walked towards the door. There were a few of my friends already there, letting us know that we were running late, and when they saw Twila and I holding hands they stared at us with wide eyes and open mouths.

I squeezed Twila's hand as we entered the building and headed towards the back. I knew my friends would be texting, tweeting, and everything else and that everyone would know about our relationship and honestly I didn't care. I looked at Twila and leaned down to kiss her before we got to work. She smiled up at me before turning and going out front. I felt bad about that. I just knew everyone would give her crap.

Greg looked at me from his place at the grill and just stared. Obviously wanting an explanation. I just smiled at him, "She's EnteringTwilight"

"And she agreed to date you after all the shit you've pulled?"

"Yeah. Crazy right?"

Just then a resounding smack came from the front. Greg and I rushed to the window and looked out to see one of my so called friends, Julie, standing by Twila with her hand poised in such a way we knew just what had happened. Twila was holding her cheek and it was obvious she was holding back tears. I stormed out of the kitchen and right up to the two.

"Get out of here Julie," I said as I pulled Twila close to me, "Are you alright Twilight? Does you're cheek hurt too bad?"

"I'm fine," she didn't sound fine but I had a bitch to deal with right now.

"Blake! She's just a freak. What does it matter what we do to her?" Julie said in her snarky voice.

"Twila is my GIRLFRIEND. I care about her. If you're too much of a stuck up bitch to respect that maybe I'll have to have a conversation with my dad, her dad, who is the sheriff by the way, and administration. How do you feel about working at Hardee's for the rest of your life? When I'm finished you might not even be able to work there. And that goes for ANYONE who hurts my Twilight in ANY way. Is that clear?"

It was obvious that I had scared everyone, except Twila. They were all silent and nodded slowly. I pulled Twila to the kitchen and checked her cheek as the front filled with whispers. From what I could hear it was all about Julie. And it wasn't nice things. That was the best part.

"Would you really ruin their futures?" Twila asked as I pressed some ice against her face, with a slight wince.

"If they hurt you yes. Does your cheek feel better?"

"A little. I don't wanna go back out there right now. I'm not in the mood for more crap..." she whispered in my ear

"Greg? Can Twila and I leave? We don't want to deal with those jerks."

"Yeah. I'm kicking everyone out anyway. Teach them a lesson. AND spend some time with Marie," with those words he went out front and said these words, "You snot-nosed brats need to get the hell out of my diner and don't come back until you've learned some respect and how to function like adults. Except for you Julie. You are NEVER allowed in here again. Be happy Twila isn't pressing charges."

After everyone else had left Twila and I went back to my car and decided to spend the day together. We just couldn't choose what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like my chapters are getting worse and worse. D:\

And XxBlackHeartAngelxX is one of my new favorite people. Even though I don't thinks she likes all the cheesiness of this story.