Status: sporadic updates..

Hero

i

“No! Stop… please!” she begged as he pushed her roughly to the ground. The cement was cold against her naked back and she could feel the rocks and broken glass cutting her skin. She covered her face with her hands and sobbed as the man pushed her jeans down her legs before doing the same with her panties. “Please stop, I promise I won’t tell anyone.. Just please let me go.”

“Shut up you bitch.” He pounded her head harshly against the ground causing her vision to blur and her sobs to become louder. She struggled beneath him, pushing and hitting whatever her hands came in contact with. She was making him angrier. He started to use his fists, knocking her head repeatedly into the cement until she was barely conscious. When she finally gave up struggling he moved his hands to his own pants and quickly removed them. As his hands moved to his boxers she knew it was her last chance to cry for help, she took a deep breath and screamed as loudly as she could. “I told you to shut up!” he hissed. As soon as his fist connected with her face darkness surrounded her.



“Poppy..”

“Poppy, sweetheart wake up.”

Poppy opened her eyes to see Eleanor kneeling beside her bed. Sitting up and looking around her room she noticed the alarm clock on her bedside table read 3:21 AM, she looked at Eleanor in confusion. “You were having another nightmare.” Eleanor explained. More nightmares. Poppy sighed, as if what that man had done to her wasn't terrible enough he was now taking over her life. She lived in constant fear of everything around her, she had been miserable since that terrifying night 10 months ago. Things had been better for a few weeks, well that was until now, Poppy had been doing normal 17 year old things lately, going to the cinema, shopping, walking around the city with Eleanor, but that was before she saw the news last night. There had been another rape.

Poppy knew the man was still out there roaming the city freely, but seeing on the news that he had hurt another woman was like all of her worst fears had come true. She knew the police never caught him but everyday she prayed that he wouldn't do it again, that he wouldn't destroy another girl’s life like he had destroyed hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeeeep. I'm so nervous to post this. This story means a lot to me and I want it to be perfect so I have been debating whether or not to post this chapter yet. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until I posted it so here you go! I'm not exactly sure where I want this story to go so hang in there with me..

Harry will be introduced in the next two or three chapters. I think the next chapter will tell you more about Poppy, like her family situation, how she has been dealing with this traumatic experience and so on..

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. Let me know what you guys think please!

Hannah :)