Stranded

Delay

“Come on Faith! We're going to miss our flight!” I pulled her along, weaving us through the bodies of the people around us. “Okay, okay! Stop pulling me, you're hurting my arm.”, she complained. We were almost there, when a voice came onto the loudspeaker. “Attention all passengers, all flights to Pennsylvania are canceled due to an unexpected storm. There will be no more flights there for a week. Sorry for the inconvenience.” I stopped dead in my tracks. “What!? Seriously?! How are we going to get home in time for Thanksgiving?! Its tomorrow!” “Dakota, calm down. We'll just have to have our own little Thanksgiving at a hotel around here or something.” “But you're supposed to spend Thanksgiving with your family! Not at a hotel!” I was starting to flip out.

She grabbed hold of my shoulders and shook me. “Calm down! We don't have a choice, we've got to stay here. There's no way we're getting home by tomorrow.” I sighed, and relaxed a little. “I'll call my mom and let her know whats going on. I don't need her flipping out as well.” I sat and waited while she called. I listened to her explain to her mom what happened. “Hey mom. That's why I'm calling. You see, there's sort of a little problem. The flight has been canceled due to a storm, and we won't be able to fly home until next week. Yeah, we're going to stay at a hotel, okay? I will. Bye mom.”

She hung up, and turned back towards me. “What do we do now?” “Maybe we should go to the main desk and make sure there aren't any flights.” “We could do that.” I got up, and we went over to the front desk. The lady was talking to a group of guys, all wearing black. We listened as one guy argued with her. “Are you sure there aren't any flights to Pennsylvania?” “I'm sure sir.” “But we need to get home. Tomorrow's Thanksgiving! We ended our tour early so we could go home and spend time with our family!” “I'm sorry sir, but there's nothing I can do.” I couldn't see their faces, but the one talking sounded very familiar. He let out a frustrated sigh. “Alright. Thank you anyway miss.”

We walked over to the desk, pretending we didn't hear their conversation. “Miss, if you're going to ask about the flights to Pennsylvania, I'm going to tell you what I've been telling everyone. There aren't any flights, and there wont be for a week.” Of course, I already knew that. But I just felt like asking anyway. I didn't even bother arguing with her. We turned, and the guys were standing there. I hadn't even noticed they didn't move. We froze when we saw them. It was Chris Motionless, and the rest of his band. Kuza was with them too. I couldn't move. Our idols were standing right in front of us.

“Hey.” “H-hey.” He smiled, and I thought I was going to faint. “So, you girls are stuck here too?” “U-umm, yeah. We were going to stay at a hotel until we could book a flight back home.” “Same here. Would you like to join us?” “I didn't know what to say. I looked over at Faith, who nodded excitedly. “Sure, we've got nothing better to do.” “Awesome, lets go then.” “They led us out of the airport, and Chris called a cab, since the nearest hotel was a few miles from here and we had no car.

“So what are your names?”, Josh asked. “I'm Dakota.” “I'm Faith.” “Nice to meet you both. I would introduce you to everyone, but I'm guessing you probably already know who we are.” We nodded. “So your both from Pennsylvania?” “Yeah, we've lived there all our lives. We were born there.” “Really? Where in Pennsylvania are you from?” “ Lancaster.” “Cool, we're from Scranton.” Chris Hung up his phone. “They'll be here in fifteen minutes.” He turned to us. “So, how old are you girls?” “We're both seventeen, but I'm a few months older than her.” Faith stuck her tongue out at me. “What? Its not my fault I was born first.” “I know, I'm just messing with you.”

“Chris, you know their from Lancaster?” “Really? That's cool. I've been there before, its really beautiful.” “I know. That's one of the reasons we love it there.” Devin came up to me, and stroked my hair. “You have really pretty hair. Its so soft too.” The gesture was a little weird considering I just met him, but I thought it was kind of cute in a way.” “Devin! Don't be creepy.”, Josh said. “Sorry, he's new to the band.” “Its alright, it was kind of adorable.” Devin smiled, and his face turned pink. The cab then pulled up to the sidewalk. “lets go. The cab is here, and its kind of cold outside.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Dakota:
Image
And this is Faith:
Image